Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - 3 Weeks - Los Angeles to New York. Need your advice on route
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 08-17-2014, 10:28 AM
scooterboyusa
Stromthusiast!

from scooterboyusa

Storm:

The last we met was in Arches which I thought was too crowded and too hot but I'm a weenie when it comes to both of those things. I hope you are doing well since then. I finally made it back to Massachusetts where I started having electrical problems 40 miles from home and the bike finally died 6 miles from home (after a 6,000 mile ride) where we had to put her on a trailer. One road I took of interest was the Mt. Evan paved road outside Idaho Springs, Colorado to 14,100 feet. Denver was a parking lot with I-70 construction. I got off of I-70 and took US 36 across eastern Colorado (make sure you have a full tank of gas) with free camping in St. FRancis Kansas and Atwood Kansas. Atwood looks like the best spot (IMO). I made a straight line for home but tried to stay off the interstates as much as possible but sometimes you have to bite the bullet when you have time restraints. You have my address so stop in central Mass when you get here and take a load off for awhile.

Jeff Smith
scooterboyusa

Last edited by scooterboyusa; 08-29-2014 at 05:44 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome