Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - 3 Weeks - Los Angeles to New York. Need your advice on route
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 07-02-2014, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
Storm
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

3 Weeks - Los Angeles to New York. Need your advice on route

Hey Strom-ers,

As the succinctly title states, I will embark on a 3 week travel quest from Los Angeles to New York in August. I have been preparing for this for awhile, and now I am on the last leg of requirements which is the route. I would love any insight and direction (pun intended) to take my route to have me safely arrive in New York.

A little background of my trip:

Solo motorcycle trip across the domestic US.
I want this to be a camping quest and a majority of the time I will reside at national parks (open to state parks and other suggestions). Also am pondering the idea of using Tent space every few days.
South and Northwest will consume most of my time. I want to hit Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, and climb up to Montana. From there I will move laterally across the Great Plains (attempting to miss the interstates, busy roads, and high winds), and end up in New York.

I have spent an abundant amount of time researching routes but quite frankly, I am letting Google maps and some "Best roads for motorcycles" articles distinguish my destiny. Doesn't sit too well with me. So I open this to you and I am sure this is the best thing to do. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome