StromTrooper banner

Turning off ABS

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  V-Gehts 
#1 ·
I know suzuki would not recommend it, however....

My question is, if you pull the fuze, or get the wiring kit from Eastern Beaver, does it impact the traction control?

Lots of systems use the ABS sensors to detect wheel spin, so I was thinking that if you removed the power from the ABS system, would that cause the system not to be able to use the wheel sensors to limit wheel spin. (If in fact Suzuki does it this way)

Anyone in the know?

Thanks..... OldMedic

#3 ·
Can you pull the fuse and try it? i can't see that hurting anything. See if TC still works and all the gauges etc.

If that causes issues, you could insert a switch to cut power only for the ABS. You would need to research where to put it in that case.

#4 ·
There are usually two fuses, one which disables the entire ABS system, and the one that supplies power to the ABS pump.

Leaving the sensors alive and turning off the pump is likely possible and might leave you with TC and no ABS - but seriously - take the bike out and TEST the ABS before you dis it. It's not a BMW and the ABS on the 650 at least works well even places where ABS is supposed to be useless.

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.