StromTrooper banner

Adirondack riding

3K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  Adk Patroller 
#1 ·
Fellow Strommers,
Any riders who live in the Albany to Lake George/Adirondack region looking to take a ride this Sunday 5/27? If so, p.m. me. If not this Sunday, looking for riders any other time in season.

Also, heads up Americade will be coming the first weekend in June. Looking to ride that week/weekend. Laconia the second week in June, and a good excuse to ride N.H.

Safe riding.:thumbup:

#3 ·
Mullerjd,
If we can ride Sunday, great. I know there are a bunch of Vstrommers in this region. I also have ridden with the Albany BMW group a number of times, they ride on Sundays all over the Adirondacks and Albany area. I believe we could get together a number of Vstrom riders for group rides.

Let's see if there are any other responses, but I am free to ride and am good to go anywhere. You know the great riding in this area, sometimes it is hard to choose. p.m. me contact details.

Syd

#5 ·
i'll be riding in the area a week sunday, any suggested routes for a day trip? looking for something around 250-350 miles. Prefer not much more then that.

#9 ·
I'm not a big planning guy. Know the area pretty well and just head out an follow my nose, the weather, avoid traffic and constantly assess the condition of the group du jour. a good run can involve the back side of Whiteface Mountain/Franklin Falls, Onchiota, Fish Creek Ponds on 30 between 86 & 3..Portions of Route 9.. Speculator....the Moose River Plains Road if you want to get in the dirt.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#15 ·
Aaack I missed this!!

:headbang: I just got back from Clayton!!! I should have posted here. I will send you a PM to share cell numbers. I quite often go for a run on Sunday mornings since my wife is usually tied up with her father. I am up for a ride next weekend. I need to help my sons move one day but the rest of the weekend is open.

#21 ·
Interesting... I'm debating either Finger Lakes or the Adirondacks for this weekend as well - but I don't think I can make Prescott by 8:30am! Just checking out the forum here for ideas on places to go, so much info it's hard to narrow anything down!

#23 ·
Thanks for that! I've actually mapped a route for the Finger Lakes for this weekend as it's turned out - but I might touch base with you for other ideas as the Adirondacks will likely be another weekend trip this summer.

#25 ·
Sorry I missed this - I wound up spending the Saturday night in Ithaca, then hit Watkins Glen Sunday morning before heading back to Oshawa.

I'm sure I'll do another trip that way, and we should sort out something!

#26 ·
Sorry I missed this - I wound up spending the Saturday night in Ithaca, then hit Watkins Glen Sunday morning before heading back to Oshawa.

I'm sure I'll do another trip that way, and we should sort out something!
It's all good. Cousin was in the neighborhood from Denver so I hopped across Adks to visit him in Loon Lake on Sunday.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.