StromTrooper banner

Mirror adjustment, top pivot

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Dragon1973 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone.

Just got my new (to me) 2013 yesterday... I can't seem to figure out adjusting the right hand mirror. The pivot at the top of the mirror arm(?) which should allow it to pivot the mirror to get a higher/lower view seems to be stuck. The left side is fine: tight but moveable.

I need to pull it in so that it's closer to me too. It looks like the pivot at the top should do that too, but it actually ends up loosening the threads on the bottom of the arm. I do know that the threads are backwards (thanks to this forum) so that makes sense that by pulling the right mirror just loosens it. But each time I push it back to re-tighten the threads, the mirror seems to go further out.

I'm trying to get it so I can just see my arm in the edge of the mirror so I have perspective of what I'm seeing in the mirror. but right now I can't see my arm at all, and it's to high... can't even see the ground unless I lean forward.

If that top pivot would move it would solve my problemo. Is it seized? or is there a set-screw or something that I don't see? Mind you I have not looked TOO closely at it yet. I just got it yesterday, and had to work today...

Thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
Mis-read part of your thread; I think you're right that the mirror-to-arm fitting is just a pressure/friction fitting, with no locking mechanism. Sounds like the mirror might already be at the far end of its range of motion? Maybe the arm needs to be re-aligned at the perch to get some adjustability back.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Ok, that's my bad, I apologize... I usually always read the first page of a thread, but rarely do I proceed further because it gets to be a lot of useless comments. Especially sticky threads that get to be a million pages long. It's too bad there is good info many posts into the thread forcing readers to have to read all the useless chatter between.

I read this one front to back now and see how I can adjust the in-out. But, if the top was pivoting, then I would not have this issue to begin with... is it really just a friction fitting that's probably rusted up now?

#8 ·
The top fitting is a friction fit with very limited movement. Most of its movement is rotational, allowing an up and down movement. The side to side movement is nearly non existent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.