Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Cleveland to the UP to ND/SD!
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 05-09-2014, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
everready
Stromthusiast!

Looks like it's going to be out west instead.

Thanks for all of the input. I hear you about going on long trips with strangers. I did that last August on my trip to Nova Scotia. We definitely had different personalities but I appreciated the safety factor and splitting costs for campsites. I figured if things don't go well, I'll just go on my own.

Al

(copied and pasted from ADVrider)
Hello,

I plan on leaving Ohio on 6/7/14 and heading to the Black Hills, Badlands and Yellowstone. Then I intend to drop south and head to Moab, Canyonlands, Natural Bridges, Valley of the Gods Road, Monument Valley, Canyon Du Chelly and Mesa Verde.
I'll probably slab it to Iowa and then start hitting the back roads. I'll be doing 200-300 miles a day, 6-8 hours. I like to take my time, stop and take pictures and chat with the local folks. I would like to do some dirt roads but nothing too technical.
I'll be camping and eating at local spots. I'll also have some backpacking food just case.
I'm pretty laid back and have no definite itinerary.

If interested please reply to post or send PM.

Thanks,
Al

2013 DL650A "Blue"
Previous bikes: '78 CB750F, '86 Nighthawk S, '87 EX500, '85 Sabre 700, '93 Katana 600, '75 Rupp 80, '78 DT250, '88 TT225, '89 CR250

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome