StromTrooper banner

Garmin Trouble

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  RagnCajn 
#1 ·
Has anyone had trouble downloading mapsource new out of the box onto vista? I have installed/uninstalled and installed again, cant get through the process.

#2 ·
Not so far. I did in once without a problem.

#3 ·
Did you turn off your virus protection and firewall off before installing? Try going to run and typing in %temp% then OK and deleting all the temp files. You will probably see a Garmin file in there you need to get out before you install again. Good luck.

#4 ·
Well, it was Vista.I went to garmin and downloaded an updated version off the website. When I reinstalled everything, it works fine. Too bad the software sucks.

#5 ·
There is an update to Mapsource that someone posted a link to on AdvRider. Is is an update to the Mapsource program. Vista was giving me a registry error when I tried to load it. I installed the update and all is now perfect. If you haven't' done so, give it a try. It updates Mapsource to version 6.13.6.

RC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.