Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - lead or follow?
Thread: lead or follow?
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 09-18-2013, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
duchess
Stromthusiast!

Question lead or follow?

do you guys and gals find it easier and/or more enjoyable, to lead than to follow when you're riding with someone-most of the time? does it matter either way for you?

i don't mind most of the time when my husband leads but i have to say, when i don't have a bike in front whether it's him or not, it's so much more fun for me, especially if twistys are involved. i like to look around when i ride, when it's safe to do so, and when i'm following i tend to focus/fixate on the bike and the line that he's taking that it detracts from my riding experience. but the weirdest part is that this doesn't happen every time we ride. now, a lot of times he's just so far ahead of me when twistys are involved that my point is moot, lol. he's got some skilz. but, when he's behind me he tends to 'smell the roses' because he's not 'killing' the road ahead of him.
and yes, being a daughter of eve, i can tend to be a control freak and realize this probably plays into part of my thinking. and let me just say, i love riding with my husband-it's one of my very, very favorite things to do on earth.

'12 vee, '07 bandit 1250s, '15 bmw f700gs

'08 suzuki gsxr (sold)
'11 wee, (sold)
'07 honda shadow aero (sold)
'06 honda shadow sabre (sold)
'07 honda shadow sabre (traded)
'01 honda valkyrie (sold)
'07 kaw meanstreak (sold)
'01 honda shadow ace (sold)
'71 (?) honda z50 trail (first bike, wish i still had)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome