StromTrooper banner

My first Long Trip and .... Loving my Wee

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  ttruckinon 
#1 · (Edited)
So last week i posted a thread asking for help on planning my first long trip :confused: -initially- From Halifax, Nova Scotia to Boston , MA.
However, i ended up extending it to New york City, NY, then to Wildwood, NJ then finally to Washington, DC before i turned around to head back home with 4,000 km/ 2,500 miles (GPS recorded) on my bike

I would like to thank everyone who replied with helpful tips, thankfully the whole trip went seamlessly and everything was OK :hurray:
Riding a bone stock Wee for 4,000 km in 6 days, i'm currently considering the following future farkles:
-handlebar raiser (1"up 1" back)
-Moose Adventure +2" windscreen
-a more comfy seat
-OEM handguards

DAY 1 = 450milesSaturday: leaving Halifax, NS to Bangor, ME (through NB)

DAY 2 = 440 milesSunday: Bangor, ME to New York City, NY

DAY 3 = ~70-80milesMonday: New York City, NY to somewhere, NJ

DAY 4 = 300 milesTuesday: somewhere, NJ to Wildwood, NJ to Washington, DC

DAY 5 = 150 milesWednesday:Washington, DC to Wildwood, NJ (by ferry)

DAY 6 = 560 milesThursday: Wildwood, NJ to Pittsfield, ME

DAY 7 = 450 milesFriday: Pittsfield, NJ to Halifax, NS

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Nice photos. Looks like you had a good time. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: get yourself a pair of mirror extenders and a fork brace too if the bike doesn't already have one.

#9 ·
i installed RR fork brace just a month after i got my Wee, and yeah, i think i need mirror extenders really as i feel like stock mirrors doesnt offer much visibility behind :confused:
Sounds like you had a great time and the photos are very nice. What a way to spend Labor Day Weekend! Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Were there any issues with the soft luggage?
they worked out really well actually! and the rain covers worked pretty well (see them on the Pentagon pic). i got caught in pouring rain on my way back in Delaware for couple of hours and everything on them was completely dry :thumbup:
Good deal!!! Would you pack differently if you was to do it over again? If so, what would be changed?
yeah for sure, it was my first long trip on the bike so i felt like i packed twice as much stuff as i would need.
i bought two sunglasses (one of them was stolen and the other was lost), brought 4 t-shirt, 2 pants, 2 extra shoes, extra riding jacket and a sweater and only used couple of shirts and my riding boot most of the time. i also brought in my laptop which was nothing but just an added weight that was never used.
as for tools, i packed: air pump, set of sockets and allen keys, multimeter, duct tape, chain lube, screwdrivers, and most importantly CAA (or AAA membership in case something happen on the side of the roads). thankfully didnt have to use anything other than chain lube in the whole trip :thumbup:

Thanks for the post. I too totally bonded with my Wee last month on a 4,200 mile jaunt from W. Mass to Labrador via NB, NS, and NL. They're such great bikes.
Looks like you spent a lot of time on I 95...
Next time head west when you get to Belfast ME and drive across southern Maine, through the White, then Green Mtns. into the Berkshires. Better scenery and fewer cars :thumbup:
i did spent alot of time on the I-95, but i also rode alot of backroads in Delaware and New Jersey. would definitely put that route on my next trip :beatnik:

#4 ·
I have risers and a tall screen and I think they both add a lot to my experience. it's darn comfortable on long hauls.

#5 ·
Thanks for the post. I too totally bonded with my Wee last month on a 4,200 mile jaunt from W. Mass to Labrador via NB, NS, and NL. They're such great bikes.
Looks like you spent a lot of time on I 95...
Next time head west when you get to Belfast ME and drive across southern Maine, through the White, then Green Mtns. into the Berkshires. Better scenery and fewer cars :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.