StromTrooper banner

PCIII Maps for DL1000

273K views 509 replies 214 participants last post by  sanscorp 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok folks, I'm starting a map exchange thread here. Please post your maps, with the following info:
  • Year/Model - please note if this is for an 02/03 or 04+ DL1k
  • Map format - .djm or .map. Try to convert and post both if you can. It's easy just d/l the other software from dynojet.com and copy and paste the map into it.
  • Your setup - if it's a custom map, please let us know what mods you've done to your bike (pipes, intake secondaries, etc..)
  • Any special notes about the map
Since this is going to be a sticky, let's keep the thread purely for posting and listing maps, and discuss them in a different thread so we can keep this clean and easy to browse thru!

#2 · (Edited)
MG's Custom Map

I'll start with mine!! ;)
  • 02-03 DL1000
  • I'm posting in both formats
  • Setup: Leo Vince SBK, K&N, Secondaries removed, 43t rear sprocket
This is essentially a hybrid map of several I have tried. I took the best low, mid, and high end out of some maps I liked, and used it as a starting point to begin tweaking. I'm currently thrilled with this map, and I'm getting a solid 43 MPG.

Attachments

#239 ·
Here are some of mine. They are by no means scientific. I used the old "trail and error" method.
  • 2006 DL1K
  • Secondaries removed and K&N air Filter
  • Stock Exhaust
/*edit* zip file should now work /*edit*
Ok here is my v7.1 map, again in both formats, for 02-02 DL1k's.

This is the low and mid-range from my v6 series maps, with some of the fuel added back into the upper ranges above 6000 rpms. Shouldn't kill your gas mileage too bad, (unless you ride at redline A LOT) I just replaced a bunch of -#'s with some 0's and 1-2's to make sure it has enough oomph on the top end.

#4 ·
Updates - v7.1

This is the low and mid-range from my v6 series maps, with some of the fuel added back into the upper ranges above 6000 rpms. Shouldn't kill your gas mileage too bad, (unless you ride at redline A LOT) I just replaced a bunch of -#'s with some 0's and 1-2's to make sure it has enough oomph on the top end.

Attachments

Reactions: S391
#179 ·

Hey MonkeyGrass, I saw a post where you offered to send a modified version of your map for a stock on DL1000. Please could you post this map.

Many thanks

#5 ·
... keep this clean ...

:confused:

"let's keep the thread purely for posting and listing maps, and discuss them in a different thread so we can keep this clean and easy to browse thru!"

Seemed like a good idea ;)

How about some moderator (MokeyGrass?) cleaning ? :twisted:

#6 ·
GREAT IDEA!!! :lol:

Guys, please open a thread to discuss maps/mileage performance etc...

/slaps Shep & Chris on the back of the hand! :twisted:

#12 ·
K5-Secondaries Removed- Stock

I am pretty darn happy with the stock PCIII map for my Stock 05 with secondaries removed and a fresh TBS.

I was using Cheff's fuelmoto average map and it worked well when the TBS was all screwed up. I tried it with a fresh TBS and secondaries removed and it had a funny little miss from about the low 3K's WOT to about 4k. So I went to the stock PCIII map and it's much improved overall.

I do get (any advise would be greatly appreciated), a phenomenon now where I accelerate WOT out of about 3200 RPM but as it approaches the low 4's if I let off on the throttle it practically leaps forward - like it is getting either too much or not enough fuel at WOT and hits a sweet spot with a throttle position about 50-70%.

Still all-in-all damn good map and so smooth and no bad manners whatsoever. You would think you are riding a wee-with some ass-kicking power on tap.

The wee will make you grin......
The vee will make you laugh out loud.....

#13 · (Edited)
Some more maps!

Ok guys, here are some more maps....

First one is the newest version of my custom map. If you are using my original map, please try this one. It has all the performance with less of the richness. I have found that this map seems to work really well on very lean, 02-03's - especially with aftermarket exhaust and 2ndaries removed. If you have a stock 02-03, this map will be rich and I can adjust it for you if so desired! I am posting in both .map and .djm files so you can use whichever version PCIII you like.

Next up, we have a custom map that I modified for Big B when I was up at his place in OH. It's set up for an 04-05, with aftermarket exhaust and 2ndaries removed. It is in .djm format only, if someone needs it in .map format just let me know.

Finally, we have a most excellent map created by Criscokid. BadTrainDriver is running this with great success, as are many other Strommers. This map seems to work very well with aftermarket exhaust and 2ndaries removed as well (can you see a trend here? :lol: ) It is posted in .djm format.

What I have found, in my travels and adventures in PCIII mapping, is there seems to be 3 "basic" types of FI programming coming from Suzuki. They are:
  1. Original, 16 bit 02-03 maps. Very lean at idle, pretty bad lean stumble between 3-4k. Mine is like this, and my m311-MG maps are designed for this.
  2. Transitionary, 04-early 05 32 bit maps. These are also lean at idle, a little less so than the 02-03's, but suffer badly from the 2500-4500 range. Big B's is like this, if you have a 32 bit, pre-recall ECU, try this map.
  3. Final, post recall 32 bit ECU's for later 05-present 07 models. BadTrainDriver has this style ECU and the Criscokid map is the ticket for these bikes.
Like I said, play around with some of these maps and it should become pretty obvious which ECU you have. These again, are good starting points. If you aren't running exhaust or removed your 2daries, then the buttons on the unit can be used to dial out some of the fuel - the mapping actually remains pretty much the same, just less fuel is needed, especially at low and high RPMS.

View attachment m311-MG_V2.zip

View attachment m311-BigB_v2.zip

View attachment CiscoSummer.zip

Reactions: cappystromsocal
#18 ·
Ok guys, here are some more maps....

First one is the newest version of my custom map. If you are using my original map, please try this one. It has all the performance with less of the richness. I have found that this map seems to work really well on very lean, 02-03's - especially with aftermarket exhaust and 2ndaries removed. If you have a stock 02-03, this map will be rich and I can adjust it for you if so desired! I am posting in both .map and .djm files so you can use whichever version PCIII you like.

Next up, we have a custom map that I modified for Big B when I was up at his place in OH. It's set up for an 04-05, with aftermarket exhaust and 2ndaries removed. It is in .djm format only, if someone needs it in .map format just let me know.

Finally, we have a most excellent map created by Ciscokid. BadTrainDriver is running this with great success, as are many other Strommers. This map seems to work very well with aftermarket exhaust and 2ndaries removed as well (can you see a trend here? :lol: ) It is posted in .djm format.

What I have found, in my travels and adventures in PCIII mapping, is there seems to be 3 "basic" types of FI programming coming from Suzuki. They are:
  1. Original, 16 bit 02-03 maps. Very lean at idle, pretty bad lean stumble between 3-4k. Mine is like this, and my m311-MG maps are designed for this.
  2. Transitionary, 04-early 05 32 bit maps. These are also lean at idle, a little less so than the 02-03's, but suffer badly from the 2500-4500 range. Big B's is like this, if you have a 32 bit, pre-recall ECU, try this map.
  3. Final, post recall 32 bit ECU's for later 05-present 07 models. BadTrainDriver has this style ECU and the Ciscokid map is the ticket for these bikes.
Like I said, play around with some of these maps and it should become pretty obvious which ECU you have. These again, are good starting points. If you aren't running exhaust or removed your 2daries, then the buttons on the unit can be used to dial out some of the fuel - the mapping actually remains pretty much the same, just less fuel is needed, especially at low and high RPMS.

View attachment 2197

View attachment 2198

View attachment 2199
MG,
I have two newer maps that seem to be more stable at low rpm, curing the occasional sputter and hiccup at low rpm in warmer temps, yet leaner on the mid and upper end for economy.
I just recently got 50mpg on a spirited 300 mile ride in the mountains (5,000ft) 8) and still have the "gitty-up" needed for a fun ride. Accel pump is disabled on my PCIII.
My "10-3-06" map works great for a lot of Strommers but is just a little to lean on the low end and I've heard reports of the occasional sputter using this map. I've since improved the map (I think? :)). Let me know if you want them. -Chris

(by the way it's criscokid not ciscokid :D )

#15 ·
What is THAT on his head???????:mrgreen: And yes........my Strom runs like a whore from church. Matter of fact, most of the 1000 Boyz in Ohio have pretty kickin running Stroms.;) My very big thanks to Monkeygrass and Fuelmoto, for helping me grin so much lately.

#19 ·
Please do post them up. BadTrainDriver and I had FITS trying to reformat that webpage that RenoJohn posted you map on... We ended up having to redo every single cell, digit by digit. Posting your excellent maps in .djm format would be of great assistance!

Oh, and I corrected my posts!! Sorry, I had your name misspelled. All fixed now.

#20 ·
maps

MG, I have attached two maps. I hope this works. I haven't attached maps before and figured out that I can't attach the .djm format so I zip'ed them. Here it goes.
-Chris

Attachments

Reactions: cappystromsocal
#448 ·
MG, I have attached two maps. I hope this works. I haven't attached maps before and figured out that I can't attach the .djm format so I zip'ed them. Here it goes.
-Chris
Just curious...I have a DL1000 '07 with stock air intake and Leo Vince SBK exhaust. Someone else commented this map is good for 2004+ DL1000. Wondering if it would be good for my setup? I've got a PCIII that was mapped for the '07 with stock air intake and stock exhaust drilled out. I changed out the exhaust to the Leo Vince so I'm guessing I need to redo the map?

Also, I've never done any mapping before. Is it as simple as hooking up the laptop, loading the map into the software and clicking "send map"?

Thanks all!

G
#21 ·
First of all, BIG THANKS to Criscokid for sharing the map I'm currently running on my 2005 DL 1000. It runs GREAT!!!!

One question though.
What "program" do I need to be able to download the .DJM files??
I can't seem to figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Matt

#22 ·
First of all, BIG THANKS to Criscokid for sharing the map I'm currently running on my 2005 DL 1000. It runs GREAT!!!!

One question though.
What "program" do I need to be able to download the .DJM files??
I can't seem to figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Matt
He knows how to do it now!!!!;)

#23 ·
Right I just down loaded CriscoSummer into my PC111 but upon re-reading MG's post realized that it was for a bike with aftermarket cans. I guess I should have downloaded one of Mighty Sheps or Cheffs and go from there. Bit of a hassle for me not having a laptop, I have to move her car out of the garage and put the bike in the back door so my 5m ext USB cable will reach. All the while enduring the over the glasses look with under the breath mumbling! LOL
Thanks heaps guys for all your input into this thread.:D

#25 ·
What brand of can did you put on your strom? All the after market cans I 've seen are straight through.

#32 · (Edited)
This is the fuelmoto map for a k6 with Leo Vince pipes, stock air filter

So far, so good, average about 35mpg last tank with about 70 miles in town and 100 miles of freeway

#35 · (Edited)
Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my DL1000 tuned today at a Dynojet facility. The gentleman asked me not to share his name if I was going to share the map for liability reasons so I will respect that. It cost me 200. And it is the best 200 I have spent on the DL. OH MY GOD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! The bike is so smooth at all RPMs, it pulls hard with out the usual thumpin from below 2k rmp. I had trouble keeping my speed down because the engine is running so smooth. I have not scanned the sheet, but here are the numbers and the map. He said he was having trouble getting a full run because the TKC80 where to bouncy. He said that it prob would have gotten 90-92 with out knobbies.

Stock Dl1000 with K&N filter.
HP 88.08
Torque 61.80

Attachments

#216 · (Edited)
I got my DL1000 tuned today at a Dynojet facility. The gentleman asked me not to share his name if I was going to share the map for liability reasons so I will respect that. It cost me 200. And it is the best 200 I have spent on the DL. OH MY GOD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! The bike is so smooth at all RPMs, it pulls hard with out the usual thumpin from below 2k rmp. I had trouble keeping my speed down because the engine is running so smooth. I have not scanned the sheet, but here are the numbers and the map. He said he was having trouble getting a full run because the TKC80 where to bouncy. He said that it prob would have gotten 90-92 with out knobbies.

Stock Dl1000 with K&N filter.
HP 88.08
Torque 61.80
Here they are on page 4 2fast, the search engine blows!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.