Do you love it? - Page 4 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > V-Strom Forums > V-Curious


V-Curious A place for those that are thinking about buying a V-Strom to ask V-Strom owners questions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 12-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Wmason1961's Avatar
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Columbia Missouri
Posts: 542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStrom View Post
If my wife would go for it there would be a new CB1100 in my shed after the first of the year!!.
+++1 To bad I will be building a garage then. Finally.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] L2 DL650A Adventure
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #32  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:52 AM
LoneStrom's Avatar
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Seattle....
Posts: 2,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmason1961 View Post
+++1 To bad I will be building a garage then. Finally.
My garage is going up as I write this,very slowly but going up !!


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
__________________
1990 Yamaha XT350
2012 Honda NC700X BDR express......
1994 GS500..DORA THE PURPLE EXPLORA
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #33  
Old 12-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 318
Default

I think a good relationship with a bike can take time,
In 84 I bought a BMW R80GS PD.At first I hated the thing,just didn't feel right.Sold it 10 years later and wish I still had it today.
Now I'm having a little of the same with the Wee 2,six months down the track and its growing on me.If I had to clear the shed I think the 08 KLR could be the last to go-------------maybe
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #34  
Old 12-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: oregon
Posts: 2,081
Default

I think what I see here is someone who needs the bike to offer some excitement. I totally get this and divide them into bikes that give you a woody and everything else.
To me, a 650 strom does not offer a woody. I view it as a tool,when I use it the bike is about where it takes me, in this case rough backroads, dirt roads and such.
Now,to contrast I also have a 1050 Tiger which can fulfill much of this and I see as a wood producer. Power is a part of it but so is better attention to detail and a nicer finish,just plain more bike.
I think one never knows what will give wood but it sounds like the 650 aint it. Maybe check out similar rides like an 800 Tiger or a Versys, maybe even a multistrada.
__________________
Joe S.
'14 HD FLHR
'12 Concours
'11 DL650
'01 HD FXD
'09 HD XR1200
'79 BMW R100
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #35  
Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
I think what I see here is someone who needs the bike to offer some excitement. I totally get this and divide them into bikes that give you a woody and everything else.
To me, a 650 strom does not offer a woody. I view it as a tool,when I use it the bike is about where it takes me, in this case rough backroads, dirt roads and such.
Now,to contrast I also have a 1050 Tiger which can fulfill much of this and I see as a wood producer. Power is a part of it but so is better attention to detail and a nicer finish,just plain more bike.
I think one never knows what will give wood but it sounds like the 650 aint it. Maybe check out similar rides like an 800 Tiger or a Versys, maybe even a multistrada.
I am looking for the bike to be a part of the fun. I enjoy having a bike that I love to ride, enjoy fiddling with in the garage and even just like to see it sitting in the garage. The pride of ownership in a bike you love is something I don't want to lose with a new bike.

My next decision is whether my money is better spent on a new Wee or a used 800GS. Not sure yet which is the better bike for the money until I do some shopping. Would I be better to spend $8K on the Wee or a similar priced BMW? I guess more reading, some test rides and price shopping will answer that one. I've seen some decent GS's all decked out in the same range as a new Wee. ...Steve
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #36  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: oregon
Posts: 2,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO. View Post
I am looking for the bike to be a part of the fun. I enjoy having a bike that I love to ride, enjoy fiddling with in the garage and even just like to see it sitting in the garage. The pride of ownership in a bike you love is something I don't want to lose with a new bike.

My next decision is whether my money is better spent on a new Wee or a used 800GS. Not sure yet which is the better bike for the money until I do some shopping. Would I be better to spend $8K on the Wee or a similar priced BMW? I guess more reading, some test rides and price shopping will answer that one. I've seen some decent GS's all decked out in the same range as a new Wee. ...Steve
For my money you are thinking right. If I only had one or two bikes one of them would not be the wee. I knew from the first one I had that I have no attachment to the bike and could cash it in like a pop bottle when the time comes.
You just need to find the bike that gives you the feeling you want. Trust in the wood, it will guide you to the right one.
__________________
Joe S.
'14 HD FLHR
'12 Concours
'11 DL650
'01 HD FXD
'09 HD XR1200
'79 BMW R100
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #37  
Old 12-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Stromin'Nroman's Avatar
Living the Stereotype
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Henderson County, NC
Posts: 11,464
Default

You cannot budget excitement.

You may not know it now, but this is what you really want:

__________________
Sent from my Hewlett-Packard 75C, using the Flying Merkel motorcycle app.

Stromin'Nroman NC28729, USA

DL650A K7 (Greywolf Moto Lab's R&D test mule) June 1, 2012 - present
DL650A K7 April 23, 2007 - January 6, 2012, RIP

"Look here brother, who you jivin' with that cosmik debris?" Frank Zappa, 1975
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #38  
Old 12-07-2012, 10:26 AM
CanadianFZ6's Avatar
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kichener/Waterloo Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO. View Post
It did seem very big and I wasn't a fan of the way it handled but I've been a motocross guy all my life and have always ridden small, light sport bikes on the road. The Wee was a big change from that. I do love the Monster though. It's light, quick, handles well and is amazing in the city. I like it on the highway too and it actually loads up and tours nice, but I'd like a windshield and a more comfortable riding position. I'll keep the Ducati forever though, regardless of what bike I buy next.
That's why you don't like the wee... you're not "there" in life yet... I have long since left behind the need for warp speed and race track handling.... I am in the adventure stage of my life... The Glee is my next bike hands down...
__________________
'12 DL650 Glee in White

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Never argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #39  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: oregon
Posts: 2,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromin'Nroman View Post
You cannot budget excitement.

You may not know it now, but this is what you really want:

Damn right I want her. The bike she is sitting on is okay too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFZ6 View Post
That's why you don't like the wee... you're not "there" in life yet... I have long since left behind the need for warp speed and race track handling.... I am in the adventure stage of my life... The Glee is my next bike hands down...
Does being "there" in life mean you don't get wood anymore? I sure don't want to be "there".
__________________
Joe S.
'14 HD FLHR
'12 Concours
'11 DL650
'01 HD FXD
'09 HD XR1200
'79 BMW R100
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2