New 2014 Vee2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
V-Curious A place for those that are thinking about buying a V-Strom to ask V-Strom owners questions

 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 02-13-2017, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Cravacor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 20
New 2014 Vee2

Hello All,
I was at the local bike show yesterday. My original intent was to look at the Duc 'Strada 950. When I saw the Vee2 for a lot less money it really got me thinking about it.
Looking at Cycle Trader, I see a lot of dealer listings for new 2014 ADV Vee2s in the $9k price range.
This seems like a great deal based on the original MSRP.
I would really like to get the feedback of some Troopers as I continue my next bike search.

1974 Suzuki TM125
1976 Honda CB750F
1978 Yamaha XS750E
1983 Yamaha DT100K
1989 Yamaha SH50
2006 Buell XB12R (for sale)
2009 Buell 1125CR
2014 Suzuki DL1000A
Cravacor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 02-13-2017, 06:37 PM
$tromtrooper
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Rocky Hill, CT
Posts: 182
I purchased a 2014 DL1000 left over, last year. I think I paid about 10,600 out the door.

I was surprised by how great a touring bike the V2 is. The suspension is super smooth and the down-low torque gives you plenty of power all over the place. Max torque is at about 4K rpms; so, you can get up to speed in no time. The brakes are incredible with great stopping power and includes ABS. I also like the additional traction control feature.

When touring the Interstates, the bike stays planted and feels really stable, even with significant crosswinds.

I have ridden a bit off road, not much, but she handled just fine on the roads I traveled.

I replaced the seat (sore after 15 min. ) and the windshield (felt like a bobble doll, at speed).

Bottom line, I could not be happier with my purchase. The bike is one incredible all-around ride, especially for the price.
chirosyd and steve85248 like this.
Bruce Haslam is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 02-13-2017, 07:21 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 469
Was this at the Chicago show? I was looking at the bike that Nielsens had. I would need to put another grand or two into farkles. I'll probably stay with my 2011 Wee,
keithert is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 Old 02-13-2017, 08:13 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 199
Right in your back yard (well within 80 miles) the good folks at Romney Cycle have a 2014 DL100 for $8,150.00 OTD.

Its cool if you want to buy me a case of beer for saving you $1,000+ as thank you.

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Motorcycles Romney West Virginia 02455
PerazziMx14 is online now  
post #5 of 16 Old 02-13-2017, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Cravacor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 20
This was at the Pete's stand at the Baltimore show.
I saw that bike in Romney listed on Cycletrader. Definitely a good deal. I have to decide how bad I want the Adventure package or if it's a better value to go with the standard and add scaffolding like side cases later.
From what I've read, the adventure includes crash bars, side cases/mounts and hand guardside and the asking prices for bikes with the adventure package are about $1k more.
Cravacor is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 02-14-2017, 12:42 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravacor View Post
Hello All,
I was at the local bike show yesterday. My original intent was to look at the Duc 'Strada 950. When I saw the Vee2 for a lot less money it really got me thinking about it.
Looking at Cycle Trader, I see a lot of dealer listings for new 2014 ADV Vee2s in the $9k price range.
This seems like a great deal based on the original MSRP.
I would really like to get the feedback of some Troopers as I continue my next bike search.
Subscribed. I just bought a 2002 and love the power but suspension is lacking. Looking at the $8000 leftover 2014s I am considering upgrading. Curious if there were any first year issues on the 2014s.
Schtromtrooper1 is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 02-17-2017, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Cravacor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 20
PerazziMX14,
I will buy you a beer instead of a case of beer next time I see you, how's that?

The "OTD" price on their site was, of course, not the OTD price. I did buy one from this dealer though.
The true price breaks down like this:

2014 DL1000 ABS
$8800 ($650 customer cash incentive removed as I went with Suzuki 0% financing instead of cash).
6% MD sales tax $528
$100 "prep" fee
$20 lien recording fee
$104 2 years tags
$12 temp tag
$50 doc fee
$9614 REAL OTD

Not bad considering other dealers in my area have much higher fees. All they really charged were the $170 prep/lien/doc fee, the tax and tags go to The Man.


Now I just need to pick it up and figure out how it is going to fit in my garage!
griff010 likes this.

1974 Suzuki TM125
1976 Honda CB750F
1978 Yamaha XS750E
1983 Yamaha DT100K
1989 Yamaha SH50
2006 Buell XB12R (for sale)
2009 Buell 1125CR
2014 Suzuki DL1000A
Cravacor is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 02-17-2017, 02:29 PM
$tromtrooper
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Rocky Hill, CT
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravacor View Post
PerazziMX14,
I will buy you a beer instead of a case of beer next time I see you, how's that?

The "OTD" price on their site was, of course, not the OTD price. I did buy one from this dealer though.
The true price breaks down like this:

2014 DL1000 ABS
$8800 ($650 customer cash incentive removed as I went with Suzuki 0% financing instead of cash).
6% MD sales tax $528
$100 "prep" fee
$20 lien recording fee
$104 2 years tags
$12 temp tag
$50 doc fee
$9614 REAL OTD

Not bad considering other dealers in my area have much higher fees. All they really charged were the $170 prep/lien/doc fee, the tax and tags go to The Man.


Now I just need to pick it up and figure out how it is going to fit in my garage!
I got mine for a grand more OTD and at the time, I felt like I got a great deal.
As far as your deal, that is a lot of bike for 9,600 OTD. One of the best deals for any bike out there, I do believe.
This is the first bike I purchased where I haven't been looking much for what I will get next. For me, this bike has it all.
Bruce Haslam is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 02-17-2017, 02:59 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
branthopolis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Atlanta, GA ish...
Posts: 88
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schtromtrooper1 View Post
Subscribed. I just bought a 2002 and love the power but suspension is lacking. Looking at the $8000 leftover 2014s I am considering upgrading. Curious if there were any first year issues on the 2014s.
There was a recall or two issued... Fairly minor and should be handled by dealer before you take delivery. Solid otherwise.
Schtromtrooper1 likes this.

~Mark

2015 DL1000A
2005 YZ250
branthopolis is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 02-17-2017, 03:16 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Western NC
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravacor View Post
PerazziMX14,
$9614 REAL OTD
Now I just need to pick it up and figure out how it is going to fit in my garage!

Congratulations and welcome to the Stromtrooper club.
griff010 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome