I actually have tested it and it works! Now if you have an android phone (with Waypointer app), a mount, and bluetooth in your ear, you can create a custom rounte in Google Maps and get turn-by-turn in your ear via Google Navigation...
From: Google Product Forum
"It is not a highly polished or elegant process to create/import/run the custom route. In other words, it isn't automated. But it is pretty simple for anyone with very very basic computer skills. Check out the youtube link below. It goes like this...
1. create a special browser "bookmark" in your firefox browser from this site GMapToGPX » Communications From Elsewhere
2. create your route on your PC, with google maps, by right clicking "directions from here""directions to here""add a destination"(repeatedly) until you have your finished route
3. click that special "bookmark" which will create .gpx file code in your browser window
4. copy and paste that code from the browser window into a blank text file
5. save it with a .gpx suffix
6. stick that .gpx file on your phone
7. open the Waypointer app, touch the "Open File" button, and select your .gpx file
8. hit the big green button in the middle of screen (or hit the "Map" button to preview your route and then start navigating from the map preview screen)"
Like I said it's not a super-simple automated process. But it is not bad.
While navigating you will hear "you will be at your destination in one quarter of a mile" as you approach every one of your "destinations". So you might think that it will stop navigating, like I did. But it doesn't stop navigating. As I got to my first waypoint, it asked me if I wanted to use Google Navigation or Verizon GPS. I'll have to make the Google Navigation the default. I'll report back on how that turns out. But when I tested, I had to manually select Google Navigation at each waypoint. Other than that, very cool solution to the $500 GPS
The Waypointer app is well worth the $1.29.
Thanks Waypointer dude!!!
Spread the word, there are so many android users looking for this!
Play store app...
You tube instructions for making it happen...