Wish list for a new "small" V-Strom model
So I spent a full day researching and comparing the new Triumphs 800 XRx/XCx to the current DL650 model. Based on the specs and reviews the new XRx/XCx models seem to be the most “complete” mid size adventure tourers, outfitted with all the latest electronics and accessories. I went even on the tiger.co.uk forum and asked about rider comfort and protection from elements, because reviews do not pay much attention to this.
I am not going to list all the pros and cons, this is actually not the purpose of my post, but I concluded that for my specific needs the DL650 with few farkles that I have on it is still a better option.
However, as I think that new and upgraded “small” V-Strom is coming in a year or two, so here is my wish list for this new model:
1) Some 10 extra HP by means of going to either 750 or 800 cc engine size would be nice, that would make the small V-Strom more competitive in this increasingly popular mid size category.
2) Introduce drive by wire system, which would open options for at least couple of traction control modes and cruise control (my big wish).
3) Instead of putting just spoked wheels and a beak on the X model, make it with upgraded suspension and 21” front wheel like the 800 XCx for those interested in off road.
4) For the roadie version, which is what I am after, use better looking rims, like those on the new DL1000.
5) Improve the rider protection from elements, evidently small things like better/larger windshield and winglets can make a substantial improvement.
6) Make center stand and hand protectors standard.
7) Install at least one 12V electrical socket and bump up the alternator output to at least 500W.
8 ) Seat height adjustment would be nice.
9) For the road version, I would appreciate the integrated side cases like the new DL1000 has, I do not like the monster side cases making the DL almost as wide as a car.
Some people might prefer more basic bike, but in my case, with items above, I would not mind paying extra couple thousand bucks even if they were offered as factory options only.
Any additional ideas from other owners?