Test Ride request in Georgetown, TX - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 07:44 AM

Default Test Ride request in Georgetown, TX

Hello All,

I know this may sound like a crazy request but the only stupid question is the one left un-asked so here goes nothing...

I've owned 3 DL1000's since 2004 and done a lot of touring on them and loved them except for several quirks that I'm just tired of. However, I had to sell my last one in August of 2011 when the company I worked for went out of business and 30 of us including myself lost our jobs.

Luckly 2012 was much better for me and 2013 is looking bright as well. I've been with a fantastic employer and things are going great. So as you can imagine, I can't get my mind off getting another bike

I am really starting to like the 2012/13 DL650 but I am hesitant to buy one without first riding one to ensure I'm satisfied with the power. I know that the 650 has a fantastic reputation but keep in mind that I'm extremely used to the 1000 platform.

So here goes...is there anyone in the Georgetown (near Austin) Texas area that would allow me to hop onto their 2012/13 DL650 for literally only like a 5-10/miles loop? I'm 29 years old and been riding since I was 7. I do not do anything crazy and have the upmost respect for folks property and would allow whomever to hold my driver's license or whatever else they need while I did the quick test ride. All I want to do is see how it handles and feels for normal every day riding and for a quick jaunt on the interstate.

Anyone willing to allow me this? I know it's a stretch but it would be greatly appreciated and could lead to me heading straight to the dealers afterwards !

Please call or email me if you would allow and thank you very much.

Jordan Green
Mbl: 512-560-6342
jordang1102@gmail.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

The dealer here in Houston let me test ride before I bought a 2012 DL650. Looks to be a Suzuki dealer in your town.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Stromthusiast!

You would likely be allowed to ride a used Dl650 at the dealer if you appear interested. Power delivery and handling has not changed very much over the years.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke View Post
You would likely be allowed to ride a used Dl650 at the dealer if you appear interested. Power delivery and handling has not changed very much over the years.
That's no longer true as of 2012. The 2012 Glee/G-Strom has weight distribution and suspension height changes that make it handle quite a bit differently than previous years. And it feels smaller.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Stromthusiast!

Talking

Just don't end up on Judge Judy trying to get money back for crashing the bike. Just saw an episode today! They had to split the costs.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Stromthusiast!

My dealer had no problem letting me test ride my 2012 2/3 Adventure. I took a quick ride around the area, came back, thought about it for a few minutes and put a deposit on it. Came back the next day, wrote it up and rode it home. It's been nothing but "Yo' Baby" since then.

My other bike, a 2006 Kawasaki Nomad is still in my garage-to be sold this Spring- and i haven't had her out since I got the Strom in July. The Nomad is a very powerful bike, but very heavy. The Adventure is 300 lbs. lighter, infinitely more nimble and I've had no complaints about power at all. She does whatever I ask her to.

Great bike. You can't go wrong.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke View Post
I beg to differ. There is a substantial difference between the sound and power of the new 650 and the previous generations. The spec sheets are not vastly different but the practical application of the new motor is quite different. Just read all the reviews posted in the titled thread. You should try to find one to test ride, however. But it must be a 2012 for it to be a true representation. Good luck in your search.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsjer View Post
My other bike, a 2006 Kawasaki Nomad is still in my garage-to be sold this Spring-
Funny...i have a 2009 Nomad I'm trying to move so I can get my Strom.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0uble View Post
Funny...i have a 2009 Nomad I'm trying to move so I can get my Strom.
The Nomad is a great bike, but too much for the way my riding seems to be going. My wife no longer rides with me and The Nomad seems to be getting heavier as I get older. I had been toying with heading into the sport-touring arena for a few years and the Strom is a great, affordable platform for what I see myself doing from here on out. I bought it in July and installed many of the common farkles I've read about on the forum.

The ride is radically different from a cruiser in every way, but I've easily adapted to it and now prefer it. This is a great bike and I haven't looked back since I bought it.

You're gonna love it.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsjer View Post
The ride is radically different from a cruiser in every way, but I've easily adapted to it and now prefer it. This is a great bike and I haven't looked back since I bought it.

You're gonna love it.
Oh i have no doubt, I have a history of Sport-Touring bike. Of the last 6 bikes I've owned, the Nomad is my 2nd cruiser, the rest were sport-tourers. You would have thought I should have learned my lesson from the first cruiser I owned. :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.