2012 DL650 ADV Crashbar Question - Part Number? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Default 2012 DL650 ADV Crashbar Question - Part Number?

Howdy guys, my names Matt and I own a moto shop in San Luis Obispo, CA.

Ive got a customer that unfortunately dropped his 12 Wee ADV, and he brought it to me to get it all back to new again.

Parts location has become a bit of a pain due to the new model changeover, and not all parts being available, replacement parts not made yet, etc.

For example - I can get a hand brake or clutch lever for $19.99 retail from Motion Pro or BikeMaster for most bikes... however it seems that no company has made an aftermarket replacement for hand or foot levers - is that correct?

The other problem I am having is locating a part number for the right side crash bar. It seems as if the online companies dont list a fiche for the ADV model, which is why Im assuming Im having a bear of a time locating a number. Does anyone have this part number? Pic of the damaged part below.

Matt

Front Right Blinker Lens
Hand Brake Lever
Right Crash Bar
Foot Brake Lever
Handlebar
Right Passenger Footpeg Bracket
Left Rider Footpeg
Left Grip
Left Mirror
Right Painted Tank Cover
Right Textured Plastic Cowling

Last edited by greywolf; 12-16-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Buy request outside the marketplace
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 07:01 PM
$tromtrooper

I haven't really looked at those stock bars before, but the way that they are designed leaves them weak.

I'd recommend, if you can, to replace with aftermarket crash bars.
I like my altriders.
Others may not...

My guess is that the best aftermarket bars will cost less to replace than the stock ones.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Thanks for the reply. Anyone know what companies make new bars for the 2012s? Im running up against walls with no one knowing anything about parts for the new bike - you guys are the enthusiasts with the knowledge!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Any other help here? Possibilities like a set of Pivot Pegz instead of replacing the broken OEM one.... etc. Pivot Pegz making sets for the 12+ yet?
Old 12-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Stromthusiast!

I would try some of the main adventure bike aftermarket suppliers.

Twisted throttle has lots of great stuff. As for the crash bar, you can find it available under the V-strom accessories on the Suzuki website. Or, as many others have pointed out on this site (just search around), you can replace it with a nicer aftermarket one for less. I personally have the AltRider crashbars and skid plate and love them, but there are several choices out there.

For the body plastics, I am sure you will have to go to the dealer. I know that several accessories for the pre-'12 bike will fit the 2012 model, but many have not been tested yet.
2012 DL650AL2 - Touratech side racks and top rack with zega pro panniers (38L and 45L) and top case with rapid trap system (38L); Richland Rick mirror extenders, kickstand foot, and fork brace; Altrider crash bars and skid plate; Vehicle Artz reflective orange rim tape; SW-Motech centerstand; Prototype Saddleman adventure seat; Oxford handlebar muffs; Thule bicycle rack.

Future thoughts: Windscreen? Exhaust? Hand guards? Heated grips? Accessory power? GPS Mount?
Old 12-16-2012, 06:24 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Default Foot pegs.

I bought klr650 pegs for a lil bit extra stability standing up and they were cheap and after market.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Thanks for the help guys. I ended up going with the Touratech long distance footpegs and black folding brake lever for those options.

I was able to locate a set of 12 bars from another member here who replaced his with aftermarket and they are enroute.

Thanks all for the assistance!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swazi sean View Post
I bought klr650 pegs for a lil bit extra stability standing up and they were cheap and after market.
Many of us KLR650 owners went with DR650 pegs instead. This requires a tiny bit of drill work to widen the bolt-hole.

But, those Touratech footpegs are even better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement