Help with Givi luggage order.. - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default Help with Givi luggage order..

Just wanted to start off by saying this is the first time i have ever purchased hard baggage. Ok so I am on the giviusa website and trying to figure out which tail rack adapter I need. I'm confused, do I need a sw motech alu adapter to mount a Givi tail trunk on the glee or does Givi make one? Does the adapter mount to my existing Rack or does it have to be removed? What's the diff between mono lock and monokey? Sr 3101/3101m? Sorry for the question diatribe. I want to order my tail trunk and want to make sure I get everything I need. I am purchasing either the e45 or 46 trekker. Thank you in advance.
Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Stromthusiast!

Found it

I think it's monokey mount to monokey case and likewise for monolock case&mount.

Last edited by Yesler; 12-02-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: morning puzzle
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Thank you Yesler!

Old 12-02-2012, 03:51 PM
$tromtrooper

Default mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesler View Post
Found it

I think it's monokey mount to monokey case and likewise for monolock case&mount.
yes - that's correct

my local Givi vendor insisted that I come in to buy the case AND the matching mount - he refused to discuss on the phone what mount fit my DL650.

SO I did that - in my Jeep.

BUT - there was no need for the stalling - he could have told me over the phone that he had all we needed for my bike! (and made the sale sooner)
Old 12-02-2012, 11:22 PM
$tromtrooper

Location: Toronto - Mayor RoFo is out, but still in council - DoFo is out - now we have MayTo

If you are considering, for example, the Givi Trekker cases, you'll need the E528 plate for the top case, and the PL532 racks for the side cases. Most other Givi/Kappa cases use the same monokey mounting arrangement, as do many other brands. It's not the strongest or best, but it's common enough that parts and variations are easy to come by.

When you get around to installing them (my six-year old daughter did most of the install on mine) follow the instructions on the Twisted Throttle website, particularly about turning the top case plate mounts backwards to buy a little more passenger space. And leave everything a little loose until all the bolts are started - it takes a little body language to get all the holes to line up.
'04 650, and goshdarnit it's fun - matte silver (#9 in the Silver 'Strom Club)
farewell to an '81 KZ550, '83 GPz750, '83 V45 Sabre, R-Reg GT380, '84 GPz550, early '70s DT175, and a '72 Peugeot 102
Old 12-03-2012, 12:16 AM
Stromthusiast!

I mistakenly linked the Wee top plate as well, getting mixed up with the Wee/Glee names. The OP has the 2012 (glee) whereas Kzdon is referencing the 04-11 (wee) model.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Thanks everyone! This site and the members are a big time help to a rookie glee owner!

Old 12-03-2012, 02:40 PM
$tromtrooper

Location: Toronto - Mayor RoFo is out, but still in council - DoFo is out - now we have MayTo

Whoops - didn't catch the 2012 designation.

Rather than using the Givi USA site to configure the racks, try the Canadian site. The configuration program seems much more straightforward. GIVI.CA. It tells me the top plate for the same set up is 076-SR3101M, and the side racks are 076-PL3101, for a 2012
'04 650, and goshdarnit it's fun - matte silver (#9 in the Silver 'Strom Club)
farewell to an '81 KZ550, '83 GPz750, '83 V45 Sabre, R-Reg GT380, '84 GPz550, early '70s DT175, and a '72 Peugeot 102
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.