Cycle World Shootout - Threads merged - Page 5 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 07:11 PM
$tromtrooper

I enjoyed the comparison. Don't see why they compared the NC700X with the auto tranny in there though. Apples to apples , please. Hey , the Wee took top honors.....not a bad thing. If I wasn't built like a gorilla , I'd ride a 650 or the 700 Honda. As has been stated , hard to know what someone else's likes and dislikes are , and at the end of the day , it's the facts about the bike that carry the weight , not the moto-journalist opinion. Except Peter Egan......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 07:19 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rhino View Post
it's the facts about the bike that carry the weight , not the moto-journalist opinion. Except Peter Egan......
Yeah, we've all been reading Peter's stuff for 30+ years.

This message and images are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. http://creativecommons.org
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Stromthusiast!

Default Don't complain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcgee View Post
These comparisons are all pointless. I don't know any of these people who write them, have no idea what kind of bikes they like, how they ride, or if their mothers love them. Just sayin'.
The DL650 got a good review from a reputable motorcycle journalist, at a reputable magazine. I think you're a little out of tune.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Stromthusiast!

Unhappy Test

I have been a Cycle World reader for over 20 years and I am a Cycle World fan.
But to do an adventure bike comparation riding downtown and on an expressway is a bit bizarre to me.

The conclusion is: if you want to ride to Alaska, wear socks with sandals, and don't mind riding an ugly bike, then the V-Strom is for you.

I have been waiting for a year for a Road Test and to say the least, I was a bit disapointed.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:26 PM
$tromtrooper

Default Lower Insurance Rates???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesler View Post
With the added bonus of it being too ugly to steal.
I should take this to my insurance agent to see if I can get a reduced rate on mine.

Many of life's failures are people who had not realized how close they were to success when they gave up.
Thomas Edison
Old 12-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Adventure bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper View Post
I have been a Cycle World reader for over 20 years and I am a Cycle World fan.
But to do an adventure bike comparation riding downtown and on an expressway is a bit bizarre to me.

The conclusion is: if you want to ride to Alaska, wear socks with sandals, and don't mind riding an ugly bike, then the V-Strom is for you.

I have been waiting for a year for a Road Test and to say the least, I was a bit disapointed.
If you're waiting for a road test of the V-Strom in the wild, you're bound to be very disappointed with the results. Surely, only Suzuki thinks it's an adventure bike.

Enjoy it for what it is - a great all-around ride! Besides, you probably wouldn't want to pay what it costs for a real adventure bike.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Stromthusiast!

Every bike is an adventure bike. They all just have different adventures!
'13 Yamaha FZ8
Old 12-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Stromthusiast!

Ok, I guess here is good as anyplace to say this:

Does anyone else feel as though the 2012+ Wees look as if they were the previous generation Vstrom?

What I mean is, most styling refreshes usually involve making the lines sharper or more angular (see 2013 FJR1300 refresh)

But the Glee-strom is more rounded...

Idaknow, random thought I've been having...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Previous:
1977 Bonneville T140V Project
2008 DL-650A (RIP)
2006 DL-1000
2003 Kawasaki ZR-7S
2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Aspiring Moto-journalist needs feedback:
http://nowheelieshere.blogspot.com
Old 12-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedip View Post
Ok, I guess here is good as anyplace to say this:

Does anyone else feel as though the 2012+ Wees look as if they were the previous generation Vstrom?

What I mean is, most styling refreshes usually involve making the lines sharper or more angular (see 2013 FJR1300 refresh)

But the Glee-strom is more rounded...

Idaknow, random thought I've been having...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Just depends on the styling cues... Seems like they wanted to go for cleaner lines all the way around. I would agree that motorcycle styling has taken a more aggressive and angular look, but maybe Suzuki wanted to try something a little different...
'13 Yamaha FZ8
Old 12-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Stromthusiast!

Those that rip socks and sandals probably have never tried it. It has to be the most comfortable footwear in the world. I'm talking about the privacy of my home now and never in shorts. My wife wouldn't be seen with me in public if I did that. Is that a bad thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.