Russell Seat Purchase - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Russell Seat Purchase

After hearing about the Vulcan Bagger forum's attempt at organising a group buy from someone on this site, I joined over there and submitted my entry. Did anyone else here join that group and make the cut in order to get a seat for their new Strom? They opened the group buy up for 5 days only to members who were already on the group buy list. They accepted only the first 125 orders received during that time even though many more were signed up. It was like an email drag race on Monday morning when people started sending their order forms, required pics, etc. to RDL. I've been told that my discounted order was accepted and that I should receive a build date in a few days. Woohoo!

I look forward to the increased comfort. With the discount, it was just a little more than I would have spent on a Corbin.

Last edited by Tee Bee; 11-29-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I sent my order form in last night. Hope it wasn't too late!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Stromthusiast!

Good luck! I spoke with Kim at RDL yesterday to confirm that they had received my order and most of the slots were filled already. I bet they don't really want to turn down your money even if the quota has been met.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default seat

I tried Mon morning and got a email from Kim that only the pictures came through. She said to try again, this time I filled out the on line form and got an automated thank you and order summary. I haven't heard anyting since then. I'll email her tomorrow if I don't hear anything. Hope it all works out.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Stromthusiast!

Looks like I'm not the only one here that wants a comfy butt for Christmas.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I sent mine in too, though sans pics. I ended up calling on Monday night and being confirmed that I am in! I had a Russell on my Connie that last 13 years so I know they are good seats.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Stromthusiast!

I should be in too. At first I wasn't getting any confirmation after I submitted my order. I'm guessing my pictures were to large although they work fine on forums. Called Kim and she said she hadn't got my order. Once I left off the pictures and hit submit I quickly got the confirmation page so I guess I'm in. I'll send the pictures when I ship the seat.

I have had an RDL on my FJR for about 4 years that I really like and my wife loves.

12 Wee
06 FJR
Old 12-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Stromthusiast!

Let us know how you like the seats and... pics please! Thought about this, but figured I'd try the alaskan buttpad first before going down the $500 route.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Moderator++

Comfiest seat I ever had and I've had a number of aftermarket seats on various bikes.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:09 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesler View Post
Thought about this, but figured I'd try the alaskan buttpad first before going down the $500 route.
That logic is faulty, and makes your ultimate solution more expensive. I spent a small fortune doing what you're doing.

This message and images are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. http://creativecommons.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement