Full Exhaust - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Full Exhaust

Has anyone installed a full exhaust yet on their L2? I had a full Leo Vince on my '06 and I don't remember it being overly difficult to get to the rear header screws. I'm not sure where the design changes are, but this one looks pretty tough to get to back there. I like the deep aggressive note and the extra power that the Leo provided, but the don't make a slip-on for the L2.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I will be getting a Yosh pipe in the next 8 weeks. I will let you know, but it doesn't look difficult...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Stromthusiast!

I put on an akra which replaced the rear header pipe and it was easy.. You can access the bolt on the left side of the bike for the rear header clamp Seperate the front header at the lower clamp ... Take all the mounting bolts holding the exhaust off and pull the whole stock exhaust right off.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Stromthusiast!

Thanks for the input. The bolt that looks tough to get to is the right rear header bolt. I'll have see if I can find/make a 12" long hex driver to get to it straight on.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

I just looked again and realized I never removed the 2 header bolts and the small pipe coming out since I only needed to remove the connecting clamp which was easy to access with a T handle hex...actually glad I only did the slip on akra since I agree that bolt looks a bit challenging to access...
Old 11-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Stromthusiast!

Yea, I think I'm going with the Akra slip-on as well. How does it sound?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Stromthusiast!

Akra sounds awesome..there is a whole thread on it and I put some pics up of mine ... http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-20...2012-a-19.html I bought it from Blair, a fellow strom trooper from SV racing. and highly recommend him for the best customer service as well as the best price...

Last edited by TAZ650; 11-30-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement