What luggage is compatible with the Adventure's racks? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 10:32 AM
$tromtrooper

Default What luggage is compatible with the Adventure's racks?

I just bought a new Adventure just to get the black color because we prefer it over the orange. Not a big fan of the aluminum boxes, though, but I love the quick-remove racks that they're mounted on.

What are my options for other bags that would use the same racks as the stock aluminum panniers? Any other brands slide right on or with some adapter plate? I kinda like the older Suzuki side cases...the triangular looking ones, or something H&B maybe. I really don't need anything quite as wide as the stock boxes.

Same with the top case. I've been looking at several brands, H&B, Coocase, etc, but I can't tell what would be compatible with the Adventure's tail plate.

Thanks for any help!

Deano
2012 DL650a Adventure

Last edited by dlare; 11-25-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 07:22 AM
$tromtrooper

Any way to mount a Coocase on the top plate that comes installed on the Adventure?

If so, what kind of adapter do I need when I order the Coocase?

Deano
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Stromthusiast!

I drilled my adv top plate and bolted on the GIVI mounting plate, just stacked them. Simple and effective. REcommend the same approach for any other mfg mounting plate.

DSR650

Last edited by DSRider650; 11-26-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Stromthusiast!

dsrider, i have that same plate in my garage. i bought it for a ninja 500 project and never used it. i would like to list it for $25 in the for sale section but i don't know what Givi's it fits. Are all givi plates the same?
Old 11-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Stromthusiast!

The plate is the universal topplate that fits all Givi MONOKEY luggage. I didn't see any harm in drilling the ADV topplate as it appears to only work with the Suzuki/Traxx top case.

DSR650

Last edited by DSRider650; 11-28-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Stromthusiast!

I have the similar question as the OP. I just brought my adventure home last night. I really like the side cases that come with it and am looking for a top case that somewhat matches it. I like the look of the Givi Trekker. So I called Twisted Throttle to order one and to ask if it would attach to the stock Suzuki plate. I was told I need to replace the entire rear rack. I'm not sure if we were talking the same terminology as he didn't seem to understand my question. Would the entire rear rack need to be replaced or just the metal plate on top of the rear rack? I find it hard to believe that Givi doesn't make a simple adapter that attaches to the stock rack. I like what DSRider did to modify the stock plate to accept the Givi plate. Is that the only way to mount the Givi bag without replacing the entire rack?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:14 PM
$tromtrooper

I think there may be some confusion..I want to replace the aluminum boxes with something else.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:23 AM
$tromtrooper

Yes! Back to the OP's OQ (original question)! I too would like to replace the big ass Trax aluminum boxes with something smaller for daily use and use the large boxes for extended camping trips. I had Pelican 1430 toploaders on my
'08 KLR and loved em. Would love to find some system to attach Pelican or Pelican-like cases to the '12 Wee.
79 Honda CX 500 Custom
08 KLR 685
12 VStrom 650 Adventure
Old 11-29-2012, 06:27 AM
$tromtrooper

79 Honda CX 500 Custom
08 KLR 685
12 VStrom 650 Adventure
Old 11-29-2012, 08:03 AM
Stromthusiast!

Yes, I would like to do the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement