Brake light now always on! - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default Brake light now always on!

Just discovered that my brake light is always on! Bike only a few months old!

Read a few threads indicating it might need adjustment near the foot brake side ... but i suspect it has something to do with the switch they replaced when the bike as new at the handlebar side (recall or something) ...

Anyone has any ideas
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 12:56 PM
$tromtrooper

First of all, press on your brakes levers, and listen for "clicking" sound to see if the switches change their state. The rear one is harder to hear, you will need a silence environment.
If one of them does not seem to "click" the problem probably come from that one.

If you get no good result with this, disconnect the front one (easier than the rear one) then check if the light is still ON.
If not, the problem is from this one.
If yes, the problem is from rear one.

Could be ajustment or defective switch but at least now you should know wich one.
Removing the front one is easy, just a srew under it. I think you need to remove the footpeg bracket to have access to the rear one. (But you should be able to turn the plastic ajustment nut with your fingers without remove the bracket.)

Last edited by fortp; 11-24-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Moderator++

It's almost always the adjustment on the rear brake switch.

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at http://www.stromtrooper.com/informat...-you-have.html
Old 11-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Thanks guys .. i will go check it ... hope it saves me a trip to the dealer for work under warranty ...
Old 11-25-2012, 01:36 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

You guys are great!

Removed front handlebar brake switch ... light still on.

Just a few turns on the rear adjuster .. and its perfect!

Just a tip ... that plastic nut is impossible to turn (see pic) .. i found it easier to place your finger on the nut to prevent it from moving and gently turn the plastic housing above it instead ...jus a few gentle turns and the brake light went off ...

Thanks again fortp & greywolf!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StromRearBrakeAdj.jpg (71.5 KB, 33 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement