Help - Strange engine clicking after 1st oil change - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 03:41 AM
$tromtrooper

i dont believe a little overfill would cause unusual noise.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 06:39 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
So how is now, same noise still?
The noise is still there. It only happens at idle with the engine warm. It is not a consistent click pattern. It sounds like a electric relay switch clicking on and off. Yesterday, I noticed it disappears when I slowly release the clutch lever. It also disappears with a little rpms.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:04 AM
$tromtrooper

It sound normal for me in the video but... if i were you i would prefer rely on the dealer (or live mechanic) than on people far away listening at their computer
Old 12-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Stromthusiast!

I just changed the oil on my Wee for winter storage last week, and also had a ticking from the rear cylinder when I started it up. Check the oil level, it was a little little low as some was absorbed by filter, added oil, started bike and ticking was gone. I know some people check the oil with the bike on the centerstand, this gives a false reading since the oil flows to the front of the engine and appears higher in the sight glass than it really is.
Silver Strom Club Member #11

Wee Farkles: SWMotech Centerstand, Framesliders, Forkbrace, Elka Shock, Aprilia mirrors, Fenda Extenda, Suzuki Handguards, Madstad with Moose Adventure Shield +4'', Russell Day Long Seat, Givi XS308 Tankbag.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Stromthusiast!

That clicking noise is there on my bike and has been since about 800 miles. I have 3400 on it now and it sounds the same. My dad's adventure also has the same noise. I think it is just valve train noise.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

when you revved it the bike sounded the same as my 2012 650 orange 6,500 miles. hasn't changed since i bought it.

but...when you idle i thought i heard a "clicking" since the bike is still under warranty if it puts your mind at ease just take it too the dealer i am one to not take to dealer unless its "broken" if its running fine and all the basics have been checked put on some earphones/interphone music and enjoy!

regards

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement