StromTrooper banner

Trax bags and cornering clearance

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  2 dogs 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello from a new member.

Any problems with Trax bags on the ADV and cornering clearance?
Some of the pics and videos looks like they are close.

After a long line of sport and a few adv bikes I am ready for the the upright seating and versatility of another adv bike, but I ride hard in the twisty bits.
Love the looks of the Trax bags over all the rest but clearance is a concern.

I sat on all the new adv bikes at the motorcycle show and the new dl650 felt the best, narrow and the lower weight is apparent lifting off the side stand.
To me it is the hands down winner, does not have all the trick parts of the Euro bikes but all that can be fixed if needed. OTOH try to remove 90 or more pounds from the other offerings.

#2 ·
Dragging

Havent had the fortune, mis or otherwise to touch my boxes to the ground. This said, anytime I have the boxes on, so is the missus. I dont think clearence should be an issue.
If no one can see us while we ride???? Maybe we should not get tickets when we speed!!!???

#3 ·
I touched down a Givi keyless about 3 months ago. Those are like 41L.

If I'm rideing spirited I go with my e21s. Much less chance of touching.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

#6 ·
I've shaved a nice little piece off of each bag. I also ride sport bikes and live where the roads are tight and twisty. I don't use the bags if I'm not going on a on trip and the bike is great. With them on, you'll have to back off a bit compared to your sport bike style of riding. I'm planning on some more off-road biased tires soon for the V and that should help to slow me down a bit in the corners. :yesnod:

#9 ·
I have not scraped my side cases yet, but on my last ride, the rider following me told me that I was getting very close to touching my cases down in the turns, I did not think we were riding that aggressive at the time..
I am still learning what I can and can't do on my new V-Strom, so I feel very lucky that someone pointed this out to me before something bad happened.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.