StromTrooper banner

Morning Surprise

5K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Stromin'Nroman 
#1 ·
I woke up this morning to find my foot brake twisted like a pretzel. I can make no sense of how this could have happened? No other damage to the bike and it was exactly where I left it.. Question guys.. Any idea where I could find a good replacement? OEM is $100 bucks which I think is a bit much..

Thx

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Chances are a car backed into it just perfectly. I had a mirror taken off a car without any sign of other damage. There are no aftermarket replacements that I know of. You may find a used one. It's the same part number from 2004-2012 and a new one can be found for around $80 plus shipping.
43111-27G00 - PEDAL, BRAKE - Suzuki OEM Parts - Cheap Cycle Parts
Fast shipping. Up to 40% off Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Polaris OEM motorcycle parts and accessories. Deep reseller discounts.
PEDAL,BRAKE - Search : 43111-27G00

Some have used a bit of heat to bend it back into shape. It's best done off the bike. Be sure to take it off, clean it and re-grease the pivot regardless.

#3 ·
Chances are a car backed into it just perfectly. I had a mirror taken off a car without any sign of other damage. There are no aftermarket replacements. You may find a used one. It's the same part number from 2004-2012 and a new one can be found for around $80 plus shipping.
43111-27G00 - PEDAL, BRAKE - Suzuki OEM Parts - Cheap Cycle Parts
Fast shipping. Up to 40% off Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Polaris OEM motorcycle parts and accessories. Deep reseller discounts.
PEDAL,BRAKE - Search : 43111-27G00

Some have used a bit of heat to bend it back into shape. It's best done off the bike. Be sure to take it off, clean it and re-grease the pivot regardless.
Thanks Greywolf, much appreciated.. I guess I'm extremely lucky the bike didn't get knocked over and receive further damage. One question, do you know what the hose is sticking out?? I've never noticed it before until this happened and I can't figure out what it's for!

#13 ·
#14 ·
There is more damage there than a stomp could cause.

#15 ·
OK.
How's a car going to back into it 'perfectly' then?
With the rod bent the way that it is, the force on the lever was applied in a downward direction. Not one from the side. I don't see any evidence of a car part scuffing the footpeg to push it out of the way.

Perhaps a car perfectly STOMPED down on the lever?

I think that I could apply the force to bend the lever with a downward push, but to buckle the rod? I think that would require a downward impact/impulse load . . .

#16 ·
I had my bike parked on the grass at the edge of the entrance to work one day. Came out to find my hand guard on the grass. Further inspection: clutch lever broken (still on bike and in one piece, but the boss near the pivot was broken off - the clutch lever just swung around freely. Bike was still on stand, no evidence of having been dropped and picked back up/ posed.

A crane had come in that day and had to squeeze between a tractor-trailer and my bike. The outrigger of the crane must have just kissed my handguard and the very end of my clutch lever... enough to rip off my hand guard and destroy my clutch lever, while leaving the bike still standing and not even bending anything.

Point: it's possible to do LOTS of weird, localized damage to a bike. Maybe someone backed into the pedal and the geometry was just right. Maybe someone saw the bike at the last second, jammed on brakes causing a dive which pushed the bumper down onto the brake pedal. Strange things happen.

#18 ·
Localized gravity pulse.

Space debris.

Chimpanzee zoo escapee. (they are unbelivebly strong)

Ex-girlfriend with sledghammer took a swing, mostly missed.

#22 ·
I totally forgot about the Touratech.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.