Tire repair kit storage - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Stromthusiast!

Default Tire repair kit storage

A tire plug kit and 12v inflator may come in handy out on the road. I found the Campbell Hausfeld RP0650 on Amazon for $16 and purchased the plug kit at an auto parts store. They fit neatly under the seat if you turn the stock tool kit sideways. The plug kit fits behind the compressor toward the back of the bike. That way it's always on the bike. Of course you have to have an accessories socket to use it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Stromthusiast!

Dude, that's one small pump assy.
How quickly do it fill a tire to 30 pounds? I put my old pump and plugs in the same spot under the seat but am looking for a new pump since mine is 20 years old and not so good at pumping.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Stromthusiast!

I experimented on the front tire. From totally flat to 33psi it took about four minutes. The bike was on the side stand. I found out the gauge on the pump isn't accurate. To get the recommend 33psi you have to go to about 40psi on the pump gauge.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:16 AM
Stromthusiast!

A tire repair kit is a nice thing to bring along, but in my experience not often needed.
Because of that I use CO2 cartridges instead of a pump, as they take up less space.

I have this kit under my seat - it fits neatly behind the tool kit in its original position.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:47 AM
Stromthusiast!

I've got what appears to be the same plug kit along with a small 12v compressor from Twisted Throttle fitted under the seat in a Ziploc bag in much the same fashion as yours. Spent twice as much for the TT unit, though. For long trips with luggage, I also got the very small foot-operated pump that TT sells. It never hurts to have a backup plan when there's noone around to help and the bears are hungry.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 AM
$tromtrooper

tube patches?
Old 11-14-2012, 11:32 AM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokermtb View Post
tube patches?
You never know when your riding buddy will need one...
Old 11-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Stromthusiast!

Has anybody considered a hand bicycle pump? I have several and they are easy to secure under the trunk and many of them come with small foot stand and short hose. They might take a while to pump, but it will work. Especially in conjunction with CO2.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Stromthusiast!

I have the same tire repair kit as Don T. That included pouch doesn't hold everything, so don't get frustrated trying.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

If you need a nice little tire pump that fits anywhere, I have found this model to work well. I have been using one to bring my pressure up after lowering it for an off road section on my previous bike. Just bought a DL650 and it fits nicely under the seat with my tools.

Found mine in the local autopart chain store for 10 dollars.

Slime/Tire top off inflator with LED light (40020) | | AutoZone.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement