Tire repair kit storage - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Mtn bike pumps work well enough (slowly) but if you plan to use it for adjustments or maintenance, it really just sucks pumping that thing on your knees in riding gear on a hot day. I like the benefit of a powered pump and ride with partners that carry them as well so if one goes south, there are backups. The Co2 kits are nice and compact but you don't have a lot of capacity or re-useability with those.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesler View Post
I have the same tire repair kit as Don T. That included pouch doesn't hold everything, so don't get frustrated trying.
Mine does
Old 11-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Stromthusiast!

Default Repair

Slime makes a fantastic little mini pump that also has a flashlight. It may not be the fastest, but it works:

Slime Tire Top Off Inflator: Automotive : Walmart.com

I also carry the Slime plugger/ reamer kit:

Slime T-Handle Tire Tackle Kit, 9pc: Automotive : Walmart.com

I can confirm these items have been put to the test and have save myself and my buddies at one point or another. I wouldn't go anywhere without the ability to plug a tire.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_T View Post
Mine does
Shenanigans! From the reviews it looks like a 50/50 mix between the packing challenged and those who have solved this puzzle.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:15 AM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zildjian View Post
Slime makes a fantastic little mini pump that also has a flashlight. It may not be the fastest, but it works:

Slime Tire Top Off Inflator: Automotive : Walmart.com

I also carry the Slime plugger/ reamer kit:

Slime T-Handle Tire Tackle Kit, 9pc: Automotive : Walmart.com

I can confirm these items have been put to the test and have save myself and my buddies at one point or another. I wouldn't go anywhere without the ability to plug a tire.
I have both and they fit nicely behind the toolkit in their original packaging.

'10 Vee Adv
Multiple Farkles :
Stebel Horn with Screaming Banshee,Gorilla Alarm, Madstadt Bracket, RichlandRick's fork brace, accessory shelf and mirror extenders, PCV, Twin 12v outlets, Twisted Throttle and EB Fuse Blocks, Admore Light Bar, GPS and Contour Camera Ram Mount, Bark Busters, 8k HIDS, Omni-Cruise Throttle Lock, Altrider Bars, sliders and side-stand foot. Wolfman Rainier Tank Bag, ADVMonster "30" Aux Lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement