Fairing panel removal - help! - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Default Fairing panel removal - help!

Hi folks

Trying to remove the left white panel on an L2 ( the one with the S logo on)

Been trying to follow instructions based on tank removal, but a bit lost!

What's the minimum I need to do just to remove the white fairing panel?

I'm trying to thread cable from heated grips to battery and thought this might help...

Many thanks,

Mal
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I didn't remove the left, but I've removed the right. As I recall, I had to pull the velcro attached areas really hard to get them off. Also, I think you have to slide the panel forward. Follow the instructions in the owners manual. Good luck.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Moderator++

First take the seat off and separate the black plastic panel at the lower rear that extends under the seat. There is a small amount of connection that needs to be undone by taking the screw out of the black part and breaking the connection. Then take the screws out of the colored plastic side piece. That piece has some interlocking plastic pads inside that have to be separated by pulling the top away from the tank enough to break the connection and then the entire piece is free to be eased to the rear and off. It is a fiddly job and I said some bad words out loud when I first did it. It sometimes feels like a near thing between breaking connections and breaking plastic.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Stromthusiast!

I did that too, and followed the good advice of Greyghost and others.

I also found the description in the owner's manual very helpful. It shows where the velco is and what direction you have to pull/push to get it released from the hooks and velco (kind of like a 10:00 direction if you're removing the right or 2:00 if the left).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement