aux fuse box - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default aux fuse box

I am going to purchase a 4 circuit fuse box, I have my choice is the fuse sizes, either ATC or ATM will be running heated jacket, liner, gloves. GPS. and a 12 v rec on the dash. I am leaning towards the smaller type atm type, will I have any issues

Chet
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Moderator++

It doesn't matter.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:39 PM
$tromtrooper

May I ask where you are getting your 4 circuit fuse box from? Eastern Beaver seem to offer only 3 or 8 circuit.

If something I have posted offends you, it is highly likely I was drunk when posting it. Sorry.

Buffeting, chuddering and wheezing my way across Canberra.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Dog View Post
May I ask where you are getting your 4 circuit fuse box from? Eastern Beaver seem to offer only 3 or 8 circuit.

Ebay link removed by GW

Last edited by greywolf; 11-12-2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Ebay links are against forum rules
Old 11-12-2012, 09:17 AM
$tromtrooper

I can see this could be useful, it looks really compact. I don't think it's meant to be a serious alternative to the EB or TT fuse boxes though. It certainly doesn't allow for switched connections. At less than $10 shipped, I might be tempted if I had a lot of items that needed a continuous feed like heated gear and GPS units that get disconnected at the end of a ride.

Good find!

'10 Vee Adv
Multiple Farkles :
Stebel Horn with Screaming Banshee,Gorilla Alarm, Madstadt Bracket, RichlandRick's fork brace, accessory shelf and mirror extenders, PCV, Twin 12v outlets, Twisted Throttle and EB Fuse Blocks, Admore Light Bar, GPS and Contour Camera Ram Mount, Bark Busters, 8k HIDS, Omni-Cruise Throttle Lock, Altrider Bars, sliders and side-stand foot. Wolfman Rainier Tank Bag, ADVMonster "30" Aux Lights

Last edited by greywolf; 11-12-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:02 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default Fuse box installation

Hey gang!
I purchased a very cheap fuse box (six fused outlets) from OReilly (any auto parts store has them). I bolted it down under my seat in the box area. Ran a wire from the battery to the connection on the box, then added a wire from the ground side of the battery to a bolt, with double nuts, I installed next to the box on the side of the wall of the seat box. When I add something to the fuse box, I add it to one of the fused connections, then run the ground to the screw which is on the side wall of the under seat box. Again, to make it a little more clear, I drilled a hole in the side wall and installed the screw with double nuts. It works very well. You need to be careful not to add too much to the Wee, as it has a low output alternator. I did also add two SAE (battery tinder) connections, one of each side of the bike, so I could plug in not only the battery tender but anything else I want, like a car cigarette lighter socket. Works great! Both are fused.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetc View Post
Ebay link removed by GW
Sorry! my fault for not reading the rules...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement