Standard warrantee - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Standard warrantee

I bought my L2 in July. I got nothing in writing about the warrantee. I can't find anything about it either. I didn't buy the extended warrantee but that is all Suzuki seems to want to discuss. Should I have at least gotten a warrantee card? Is it in writing somewhere I can read it? It seems like it should have been in the package with the owners manual but it wasn't. Maybe it was misplaced when I read the owners manual at the dealership while waiting for the battery charge the day I got it. I haven't needed it and I hope not to but I would like to read it.. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Stromthusiast!

good point. i have bought several new suzuki bikes but i cant say i have ever seen the warranty either. but i have never had a warranty problem either.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
all Suzuki seems to want to discuss.
Who did you contact at American Suzuki in Brea, California? THAT is Suzuki. Not your local stealership.
Suzuki Cycles - Contact

If you can not get your owner's manual and, if there are separate warranty papers, the warranty manual, contact American Suzuki. Tell them exactly how unresponsive your dealer is to your requirements.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRider View Post
Who did you contact at American Suzuki in Brea, California? THAT is Suzuki. Not your local stealership.
Suzuki Cycles - Contact

If you can not get your owner's manual and, if there are separate warranty papers, the warranty manual, contact American Suzuki. Tell them exactly how unresponsive your dealer is to your requirements.
I haven't contacted anyone yet and I did get an owners manual. I was just curious if it was something that was normally included in the original documents. All I have ever seen from Suzuki about the warrantee is an attempt to sell me the extended one about a month after I took delivery. I don't even know how long the standard warrantee is good for. My dealership has been unresponsive only because they haven't been contacted.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Stromthusiast!

I can't really find specifics on the std warranty in print either. Only a little bit on the website. They are pushing the extended program pretty well though.

Quote:
Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)

Suzuki’s Extended Protection (SEP) program, an extension warranty program in addition to your standard Suzuki Manufacturers Warranty, covers some parts and labor, gives you towing and rental coverage, and is transferrable from owners. The SEP program does not have any mileage restrictions on new units.
Suzuki GB seems to have it up on their website though.

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/my-suzuki/warranty/

Last edited by D.T.; 11-09-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Moderator++

UK warranties are different from the USA. The USA warranty is one year from the date of sale. Your sales agreement is what you need to show the date.

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at http://www.stromtrooper.com/informat...-you-have.html
Old 11-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Yes UK offical sold bikes came with 2 years and even 3 years if bought in certain months
Old 11-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Stromthusiast!

I'm pretty sure the standard warranty is one year. I think it came with the literature we were given at purchase... riding tips, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement