Seat concepts 2012 kit - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcacs View Post
My seat is all cracked and I would have been interested in this product except for the fact it takes away from the rider area and adds to the passenger area....

cheers!
Where did you get this info? It is not true!

Bundy
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Stromthusiast!

So they have an "extra firm" version of the foam as well (260 lbs+ riders)... The Corbin I had on my EX500 was pretty doggone firm but actually was better that way- I wonder if opting for the extra-firm would give a similar result?

I too had a seat done by Spencer's, for a C-10 Concours. It at least made the stock seat bearable, but I doubt I'd do it again for my V-Strom. Seat Concepts does sound interesting though.
Current:
2012 WeeStrom
2005 FJR1300
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:33 PM
$tromtrooper

My 2012 V-Strom was the test bike for the development of the new Seat Concepts seat. I picked up the seat on Thursday and it is incredible when compared to the old seat. During the development of the mold design Lendon provided me with a number of seat prototypes and he also took the bike for a couple of weeks to dial in the design. I have a bunch of photos of the seat and as soon as I can figure out how to get them off the iPhone onto this thread you will all get to see them. As far as the comfort the seat is great. Went for a long ride yesterday and I didn't think about seat comfort the entire time which I think is the best sign that the seat is comfortable. The seat that Lendon provided me has the carbon-fiber look material which is really comfortable. I asked him to do orange stitching which looks great on the orange Strom. Lendon and Robert at Seat Concepts are really stand-up guys who have a tremendous business going and I think that this seat would be a bargain at twice the price. I will post photos soon.

Last edited by rideronthestrom; 11-11-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenmarklay View Post
I had a little KLX250s and was active on that forum. A lot of that crew bought The seat concepts seats and were very happy with the quality and service of the company. This was this year as well.
I went with seat concepts for my DR650 and i am happy with it. When I get another DL I will definitely have them do the seat. Well worth the money and as good as Sargent and almost half the cost.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Stromthusiast!

Those interested in this seat may be able to use a discount coupon code when ordering. Try VSTROM2012 in the coupon box for a discount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement