What am I missing? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Default What am I missing?

I'm confused on the windshield up and down adjustment. Am I suppose to push the rubber nut out the back and then into one of the other holes? It just doesn't look like it will work with the upper and lower holes being raised the way they are. Help!

[COLOR="Red"]2012 650 Adv[/COLOR]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 06:40 PM
$tromtrooper

The item in the center hole is called a 'well nut' (it has other names, too).
You need to grab it with fingertips and gently twist/pull it out of there.
Then place it into a different hole (sometimes easier if you thread a bolt into it and push on the bolt).

Repeat at other locations, reattach wind screen, ride, smile, then realize that it didn't make much difference where the windscreen was located (IMHO).

Have a nice day.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Moderator++

The windscreen has tubular extensions that will fit between the raised sections. Just swap the well nuts with the plugs to get the configuration you want. Unlike the older models, the well nuts come out from the front.

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at http://www.stromtrooper.com/informat...-you-have.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Got it. Thanks

Any major difference performance wise between the two windshields that come with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by cbeam2; 11-06-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:56 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henerythe8th View Post
The item in the center hole is called a 'well nut' (it has other names, too).
You need to grab it with fingertips and gently twist/pull it out of there.
Then place it into a different hole (sometimes easier if you thread a bolt into it and push on the bolt).

Repeat at other locations, reattach wind screen, ride, smile, then realize that it didn't make much difference where the windscreen was located (IMHO).

Have a nice day.
My thoughts on the screen positions as well, so I now keep it on the lowest so it's more out of my view. Tests that I have read seem to say not much difference between the stock and the vario option as well.

BTW if you push too hard the well nut usually drops down onto the floor, but sometimes lodges in the area below it. If you need spare ones the ones in a Suzuki labelled bag are way more expensive than the same item that isn't in their bag.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I haven't tried the windshield with wing on top. Does it not help at all?

I'm not having any problems to speak of except when I sit tall I get lots if wind noise on my helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Stromthusiast!

I have not tried the non-vario windshield, but I did try adjusting the flap on my vario. The difference between highest and lowest position is ever so slight, and maybe just more of a placebo, but I do think that it looks awesome with it fully extended, and well, thats good enough for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement