What top case to get? - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Stromthusiast!

I have two on my radar. The Shad SH48 is my front runner but if we can ever get it in the US the GIVI V47 looks really nice too. Is there any way to find out if GIVI has plans to introduce the V47 in the US?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Stromthusiast!

Holy top cases Batman!
$571?
To each his own. I'm sure there's a degree of "you get what you pay for" but I opted for the Bestem 929. I can mount it without permanent drilling / damage on the bike and it will at least get stuff to work. I wouldn't plan a safari using it. But I did get the LED wiring option. No matter what case you opt for, more lighting is a good thing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Stromthusiast!

I know the design of the box, and the type of mount (mine is the stock quick disconnect that comes with the Adventure model) plays a factor too, but what is the largest of the common top cases available, that still allows the stock Trax side cases to open with no interference with the bottom of the top case?

Brand, model, and the mount used will be most helpful please?

Thank you!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

I have the Canadian exp model. Top and side cases were included and installed by the dealer and this model was a great value. The top case is rock solid and there are no rattles. I normally ride with only the top case and use the side cases for longer rides. Top case is large enough for size large full face helmet with a lighter jacket, spare gloves. Others have had problems with the locks but I have added lots of graphite lube, have sealed the c-clips with loctite and rtv silicone and the lock mechanisms have all loosened up and are fine. Not sure you really want to spend the dollars that Suzuki would charge but the trax top box is identical. Check my profile albums for some photos.
Ken
Old 11-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by notacop View Post
If you wanna go cheap, JC Whitney top box. If you want to brag, get a Givi or other high end box.
You might consider getting a Pelican and mount if flat. Depends on what you want to carry.
I drilled 4 holes to my old JC Whitney trunk carefully to align to the 4 corner-holes on the mounting plate that came with the bike. It works fine.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:36 AM
Stromthusiast!

Does the "Suzuki" Touring Top Box:Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles - Products - V-Strom 650 - 2012 - DL650AADV - Accessories - Luggage - 990D0-TC420-NAR

have the ability to store a helmet inside it?

If so I'll probably buy the same box without the "S" on it and save myself some cash.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Stromthusiast!

I've had this eBay cheap case since April last year, and it's held up perfectly, with zero issues with it. Highly recommended.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Stromthusiast!

I have a Givi V46 top case and have been very pleased with it. Holds plenty of stuff, but only one helmet since I wear a L/XL depending brand.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Motorcycle.com Free App

[B]Vee farkles thus far[/B]: LeoVince slip-on exhaust, PCV, Motech center stand, SV Racing front brake caliper upgrade, SS brake lines, Givi crash-bars, Givi trunk, RR Fork Brace, RR Mirror extensions, RR 2mm wheel spacer, RR GPS Windscreen mount, MadStad windshield bracket, Flush mount LED turn signals, heated grips, Kaoko throttle lock, RaceTech fork springs, Progressive 465 RAP shock, 43T rear sprocket, FZ-1 fuzeblock and cig lighter outlet
Old 01-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Stromthusiast!

Depending on your size requirements, also consider the options from Seahorse.

Specifically the 720, 630, and 540 sizes

Company site
Seahorse

Vendor site
Seahorse Cases - Waterproof - Protective - Made in USA
Old 01-11-2013, 07:01 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oop North John View Post
Does the "Suzuki" Touring Top Box:Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles - Products - V-Strom 650 - 2012 - DL650AADV - Accessories - Luggage - 990D0-TC420-NAR

have the ability to store a helmet inside it?

If so I'll probably buy the same box without the "S" on it and save myself some cash.
My OE style top box can hold my Shoi Neotech Xl. As others have said, It vibrates and resonates the exhaust note. I wear ear plugs though and have gotten used to it. The vibration of the bike overall was bad until I removed the OE crash bars and replaced them with SVC sliders.
My wife likes the back pad on it when she rides with me. It was an option I got from twisted throttle.
If you go this route, get a six pack of locks so you are keyed alike. My bike didn't come with spares as others have..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement