IXIL Exhaust on a 2012 - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 05:27 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

mine turned up today took about 30mins to get the stock one off. I did a dry run as i am waiting for the sensor adaptor and need to get the gaskets but it all went together perfectly I don't see any reason why it wont go well. I will up date when finished
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 03:55 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

So the oxy sensor adaptor turned up today so i put it all together it was fitted in 1/2 hour, no problems no issues it was perfect, I agree with the sound. sounds great with out the insert but very loud(as my wife told me) with the insert there is a bit of a "hole in the exhaust" sound but after a quick ride I cannot hear it.

all in all I am very happy with it as great service.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00192-20121101-1651.jpg (96.4 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by mky; 11-01-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

so final update.... not sure if was the sound or the weight reduction but I am sure there is a performance increase. the sound is nice and deep but not annoyingly loud.

all-in-all for $470au delivered I am very happy
Old 11-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Stromthusiast!

I have run my IXIL for the last week to and from work. The economy seems about the same, I will have to try another tank to know for sure, but it will be better if anything.

Normally I am 3.9-4.0L/100km on a tank. After fitting the exhaust, revving it with and without the baffle a few times and riding like a luni around some backroads to see what it sounds like it went up to 4.5L/100km, but then over the course of the week riding to work it slowly came back down to 4.0L/100km.

Performance wise I don't think it's any better than my modified standard exhaust that I was running (I removed the entire pea shooter pipe and replaced it with a short internally curved end pipe, bypassing the 2 internal direction changes in the stock muffler).

I am still running the IXIL with the baffle insert. On the bike cruising it sounds quiet, with the throttle wide open it sounds quite loud. But it isn't very loud to others. My friend on his bandit couldn't hear my bike. We swapped bikes and even when he was accelerating on my vstrom I couldn't really hear it from his bandit. So it seems it's louder on the bike than off it.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:16 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

So do you think you had a performance increase when you modified the original?

I was thinking of adding a hole to the end of the baffle (the same as your) and maybe get a middle ground, any thoughts??? If i doesn't work can always muffler putt it up
Old 11-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Stromthusiast!

I can't remember if there was much difference when I modified the original. I didn't take any notice I guess.

My baffle doesn't have a hole in the end. If you want it a little louder I'd try drilling more of the holes that it already has. I added 2 more 10mm holes just so the area of the holes matched the area of the baffle internal diameter. I didn't try it before I did that so I don't know if it made a difference, I just thought it was a good idea.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:58 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

i think i will just take it out and go for a ride, see what it is like. I just don't want it too loud
Old 11-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumatic View Post

interestingly I added 2 more rows of the holes and there was no change to the note or volume... well off to try without the insert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement