Trax Box Carry Handles and Lashing Straps - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 08:20 AM
Stromthusiast!

Another day, another 300 miles to go. Today is red dry bag on the big box, yellow compression sack with some ultra-smelly laundrt on the small box. Chance of rain today so I need to out run it.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1350994830819.jpg (24.8 KB, 65 views)
DL650 Adventure Trax Box Carrying Handles/Lashing straps. --> click link to view info & how to order: [url]http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-2012/80136-trax-box-carry-handles-lashing-straps.html[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Stromthusiast!

Hi everyone,
I'm back from my trip; 800 miles in 5 days. Fun! Through MA, CT, NY State, & NJ.

I got a shipping quote for the straps. The price for a pair of straps for the side boxes & shipping to Canada will be a total of $48. For USA, it's $45 for a pair.
If you would like a pair, PM me your paypal email address & I'll send you a paypal invoice.

Thanks!

Last edited by Capt_phun; 11-09-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Stromthusiast!

Thanks to everyone who has already ordered. I am in the process of gathering sources for purchasing all the needed parts.

Last edited by Capt_phun; 11-11-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Stromthusiast!

love the straps. I made some as well. Ill get some pics up soon. There not as nice as yours, but they work. I used lashing straps from Walmart I got from the camping section. I can also carry bags with mine too.

Im more interest in the bags on the crash bars. Where would one find something like that?
Old 10-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Stromthusiast!

here are a couple pics with no bags
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20121027_183309[1].jpg (34.6 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 20121027_183256[1].jpg (41.1 KB, 93 views)
Old 10-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Stromthusiast!

You should put something below that metal buckle or it is going to wear the color of the top of the boxes. That is why my straps use HD plastic buckles & HD thread.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Stromthusiast!

First & foremost, thanks to everyone who has ordered a set of the straps.

You can still PM me as I may make some extras with this order. If there is enough interest from members I may run another batch in the future, after I finish this order & figure out prices vs time vs shipping costs so if you bought straps this time, you probably got them as inexpensively as I can make them. I forgot to factor in paypal fees so I am already taking a hit but I was doing this more for fun & to share these with fellow Stromtroopers.

Also a final word on the straps. A need a disclaimer the wifey tells me
They are built with webbing rated for around 600 pounds breaking strength & plastic buckles. I have had a the 45L box loaded with 6 tall 22oz bottles of beer, camping gear, & a bag of wet laundry lashed to the top of the box & had no issues at all. The straps are mighty strong, but don't try to use them to pull a pick-up truck out of the mud.
Also I am using my boxes as the model for making the straps & the red-line for quick installation reference points. I am hopeful our boxes are assembled the same, but due to manufacturing differences, the red-line might not end up exactly in the buckle cam. Again, the redline is just a handy reference point. I'm making a youtube instructional video & you'll see how they go on.

Also, these are your straps, cut them to any length you want but the way I have them set up makes having them long work best. If you do cut them, make sure you take a lighter to the tag ends so the webbing doesn't fray.

If you think of something you want done to your straps PM me & let me know. I can also sew things on to them or make some kind of changes as you want. My friends that have seen them think they look super pro and want me to do this for more kinds of boxes. I tell them I just want to ride my motorcycle.

Thanks again,
dan

Last edited by Capt_phun; 11-07-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Typo, breaking strength is 600lbs, not 400lbs
Old 10-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quick update for those interested in the straps:

All the supplies have been ordered and are on the way. Given I am just outside of Boston, & we had a hurricane you might have heard about, the shipping may be delayed a couple of days. Sorry, blame mother nature.

I also should have enough supplies to make some extra straps. PM me if interested.
Thanks again to all who have shown interest.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_phun View Post
First thanks for all the kind words. Second, thank you to everyone who has ordered a pair. I will keep the order window open until October 28. I will then purchase all the parts, make them, and ship them out ASAP.
I had a couple inquiries about how I set them up on my bike. Luckily, I'm taking a nice weekend trip so I loaded everyone up on the bike for some photos.
More photos are available at: https://picasaweb.google.com/Dan.Repella/TraxBoxStraps

On the smaller 37L box I have a Medium Size Sea-to-Summit eVent Dry Compression sack. In that sack is some clothes I may want to grab if it gets cold. I also face the yellow bottom of the bag rearward for more visibility.

On the larger 45L box I have a Sealline HD 30L Drybag. In that bag is my sleeping bag, bag liner, stuff sack with some clothes, and a Thermarest sleeping mat. There is still room in the drybag, but I pack light.

With the handles fully adjustable I can carry the boxes with the bags strapped to the top so it only takes one trip to bring my gear inside.
The straps are big enough to hold up to a 40L dry bag on each side if need be. When the wife is wife me, I use the bigger bags since we have twice the amount of gear.
Any questions, just ask.
Any chance I can get a late order in?
Old 11-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Stromthusiast!

I can take some late orders. I ordered enough supplies to make some extra sets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
diy , trax