Up one, Back one - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 09:28 PM
$tromtrooper

Default Up one, Back one

Had the dealer install up an inch and back an inch Motech bar risers with the 600 mile maintainence. HUGE difference in my comfort level. I felt I was reaching a bit too far for the hand grips stock. Went up a notch on the windscreen too to accomdate the more upright seating. I'm likin' it! I'm 5'8" to put it in perspective for y'all who might be considering this. The service manager didn't mention any needed extentions on the cables and there weren't any charges for that either. FYI Ride safe.
g
79 Honda CX 500 Custom
08 KLR 685
12 VStrom 650 Adventure
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 05:44 AM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornRider View Post
Had the dealer install up an inch and back an inch Motech bar risers with the 600 mile maintainence. HUGE difference in my comfort level. I felt I was reaching a bit too far for the hand grips stock. Went up a notch on the windscreen too to accomdate the more upright seating. I'm likin' it! I'm 5'8" to put it in perspective for y'all who might be considering this. The service manager didn't mention any needed extentions on the cables and there weren't any charges for that either. FYI Ride safe.
g
Have you got any pics of them installed to show them and the cables etc?
I have 1 inch up, cables are tight though and the brake line had to be unclipped.
Interested to see as I would like back a bit aswell, I am 5'7".
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:21 PM
$tromtrooper

Got no pics now. Will try to get and post some in the next several days.
g
79 Honda CX 500 Custom
08 KLR 685
12 VStrom 650 Adventure
Old 10-02-2012, 03:48 PM
$tromtrooper

I went up 1 and back 1,no problems with cables, but I lowered the front forks 3/4 in.....had I not lowered the forks there may have been a problem,,,,not sure..........TD
N1ATF
Spot 3
Old 10-02-2012, 05:15 PM
$tromtrooper

No fork lowering here. Dunno how they did it. I'm not very talented in the wrenching dept, unfortunately. The eyes are older and don't see as well, trying to do fine stuff in the dim confines of my garage makes what should be simple tasks, sometime frustrating and daunting. I was very active on KLR650.net, when on the KLR and they did a lot of "tech days" where folks got together, shared knowledge, skills, and tools and did some of the common improvements and mods on the KLR's. I hosted a tech day. It's a good time and ends with a cook out. Even had a couple of camp outers out back. Do we do tech days here?
g
79 Honda CX 500 Custom
08 KLR 685
12 VStrom 650 Adventure

Last edited by RebornRider; 10-03-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Stromthusiast!

I finally got my new risers installed. They were free from TeeVee. Thank you so much TeeVee. I had a friend powder coat them black so it took a while. It was an easy install. Some very small cable rerouting but not to bad. I do think the clutch cable is a little to tight but only when turning full lock to the right and even then its not very bad. To reroute it would require loosening the radiator and I didn't feel like doing that tonight. Maybe sometime in the future if I feel its needed.

Once again Thank you TeeVee!

Help the cache along if you can. http://www.stromtrooper.com/north-am...a-revived.html
Old 10-03-2012, 06:15 PM
$tromtrooper

Default TEEVEE

Wmason; how much did you say? Free? What language is that? Certainly you're not talking Suzuki are you!
Describe the change in the cockpit, the ergonomics please.
They look real good. Steel or ?
Thanks JG
Old 10-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyjoe View Post
Wmason; how much did you say? Free? What language is that? Certainly you're not talking Suzuki are you!
Describe the change in the cockpit, the ergonomics please.
They look real good. Steel or ?
Thanks JG
Yes they where free except for $5.15 postage thanks to this forum's free stuff thread.

So far they feel great although I have only ridden about 12 miles since I installed them. I do feel better about low speed control and they inspire a little more confidence in low speed U turns. ( That's what I did for a test ride. I was checking for binding/stretching of cables. All is well.)

I wanted them as I am having quite a bit of pain right in between my shoulder blades fairly high on my back if I ride over 200 miles in a day. As I am still a little sore from Sunday I can't yet say if this will cure it or not. I really do like the extra height but I thought I would feel the distance back more than I do. I just installed them yesterday so I am not sure if they are going to relieve my upper back pain but they are a definite improvement. I am looking forward to my next longer ride. I am not sure what they are made of. They are SW motech so it shouldn't be to hard to find out. Regardless of the ergonomics I love the look. I like that my keys fall under the bars now instead of riding on top of them. It will give more room for my gps/iphone mount when I decide on one. . Thank you again TeeVee!!

Help the cache along if you can. http://www.stromtrooper.com/north-am...a-revived.html
Old 11-05-2012, 08:09 PM
$tromtrooper

Default Update please

Wmason
Well, it''s been a month now. How's the feel of the new bar position? Shoulder pain go away? Grip Puppies might also help. They sure look clean.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:39 PM
$tromtrooper

Smile Free certainly is "COOL"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmason1961 View Post
I finally got my new risers installed. They were free from TeeVee. Thank you so much TeeVee. I had a friend powder coat them black so it took a while. It was an easy install. Some very small cable rerouting but not to bad. I do think the clutch cable is a little to tight but only when turning full lock to the right and even then its not very bad. To reroute it would require loosening the radiator and I didn't feel like doing that tonight. Maybe sometime in the future if I feel its needed.

Once again Thank you TeeVee!

Free and a cool look, what a great combination.

Many of life's failures are people who had not realized how close they were to success when they gave up.
Thomas Edison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement