tank bag - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Stromthusiast!

This might also help you:
http://stromtrooper.wikispaces.com/Tank+Bags

2014 Northeast V-Strom Rally! (NEVA 2014), Aug 1-Aug 3, North Adams, MA

Stromputer - A V-Strom Computer and display
2011 DL650 ABS ( "White Pearl")
Stromtrooper Wiki!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbomb View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread, but what tail box is that?
Givi E45. There is only one version of this now as Givi discontinued the more expensive one with internal straps and document holder so don't be confused by all the different names for it (Junior, Economy, E45NJ, etc.) Here is a link to where I bought it. They offer free shipping. I paid tax since they are in my state but I had it the next day. I've ordered from them 3 or 4 times and service is excellent. I peeled off the cheap red stripe and installed the black and yellow side strip myself to match the side cases. The box will hold my large Shoei full face and my wife's small HJC full face at the same time. I put my hard Igloo cooler in it for work plus my bike cover, rain pants, and extra gloves. For the money the quality is top notch and it can also be used as a side case. Look around and you will find other pictures of bikes where it is in use as side cases. Bang for your buck this may be the nicest case available.

E45NJ - GIVI Monokey Topcases - PCA - Premier Cycle Accessories
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride365 View Post
Givi E45. There is only one version of this now as Givi discontinued the more expensive one with internal straps and document holder so don't be confused by all the different names for it (Junior, Economy, E45NJ, etc.) Here is a link to where I bought it. They offer free shipping. I paid tax since they are in my state but I had it the next day. I've ordered from them 3 or 4 times and service is excellent. I peeled off the cheap red stripe and installed the black and yellow side strip myself to match the side cases. The box will hold my large Shoei full face and my wife's small HJC full face at the same time. I put my hard Igloo cooler in it for work plus my bike cover, rain pants, and extra gloves. For the money the quality is top notch and it can also be used as a side case. Look around and you will find other pictures of bikes where it is in use as side cases. Bang for your buck this may be the nicest case available.

E45NJ - GIVI Monokey Topcases - PCA - Premier Cycle Accessories
I had a trio of these on my klr, hands down best bang for your buck. I had the set up before I had a car, I'd use these boxes for runs to Costco during the week and bombing down double track on the weekends.

Sent from my phone...there will be spelling errors!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Stromthusiast!

$20 on sale at cycle gear. It comes with a rain cover and expands in height. Fits my tire gauge, fast trak, glasses, & other little things. Perfect for my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1348503184.715392.jpg (7.4 KB, 242 views)
Old 09-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Check out the OGIO Moto Super Mini Tanker. I just picked one up on Saturday and have been very impressed with it. It's the perfect size for me.

OGIO Moto Super Mini Tanker :: MotorcycleGear.com

2012 DL650 - Havin' a blast!
2006 Suzuki VStar 1100 - To low to the ground, got tired of dragging the boards.
2009 BMW K1200GT - Couldn't do the high prices for EVERYTHING
2008 Yamaha FZ1 - Had to give up the sport bike style
2004 Suzuki SV650S - Outgrew it
2006 HD XL1200C - Tried but couldn't do the HD thing
Old 12-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainuh View Post
I use a "City Bag" by SW-Motech, available at Twisted Throttle. I've had the same bag on my last 2 bikes. It's expandable and comes with a rain cover and a strap if you wanted to put it over your shoulder. It expands up 1.5-2". It attaches to the bike by a ring that mounts on your gas tank ring (see pics). It is quick and secure and goes on and off in seconds. But the best part IMHO is that it doesn't touch the bike. I've had many friends with bags that mount on the surface who have had the bag or the straps rub their pain off (a couple to bare metal).

They make several models besides the city bag that all attach with the quick release ring. The City bag is one of the larger ones. Shown below not expanded. Like all the SW-Motech stuff I've purchased, installation was easy, directions were clear and came with everything I needed. Not the cheapest option out there, but it works well for me!

Here's the ring that's mounted over your gas tank ring.

Here's the underside of the bag with the new and improved lock/release mechanism.

Mainuh, do you have a photo of the city bag showing the whole bike. I was curious about how big it looks and how high it is - does it interfere with view of the gauges.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I have the Firstgear Laguna Mini Hard Tank Bag and it fits great.
Firstgear
Old 12-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I use Bags Connection "Trip" bag. Holds wallet, keys, bottle of water and a few other small items. Bags Connection Trip.jpg
Old 12-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Stromthusiast!

I use a Rapid Transit Recon 11 strap mount tank bag on my 11, a decent bag that I picked up on a closeout sale...It does everything I need it to do, nice space, looks good, and it has a rain cover too.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:39 PM
$tromtrooper

+1 on the Bags Connection "City Bag". Lots of room! Doesn't even come close to blocking my view of anything. I'd hate to ride without it. Snaps on/off tank mount with ease. Pricey, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement