StromTrooper banner

Handlebar Risers

98K views 120 replies 69 participants last post by  M3B 
#1 ·
Ordered the 7/8 30MM Tusk Handlebar Risers, anyone know if I'll have any installation issues (clearance, cables..etc..)? I have a 2012 DL650..

Thx

#3 ·
My dealer told me that there was enough slack in the cables for risers so you don't need to replace them. But I have no idea if they really knew or not.

#13 ·
i just installed 2" Pivoting Rox Risers on my 2012 wee. i did some re-outing of cables and some removing of brackets. I did not extend any lines or hoses. It works perfectly. I may have been able to get away with the 2.5" vibration dampening rox risers, but it would be close.
With Rockland Ricks Footpeg lowering kit and the Rox risers, my 6'2" frame fits much better.

#15 ·
Just installed the Rox 2 inch pivoting risers on my bike. The difference in comfort is dramatic! :thumbup: Now, the handlebars come back to meet my hands. I noticed when I stood up on the pegs, the handlebar grips fell right into my hands (5'10" with 30" inseam) with no reaching. I rotated the bars up a little to remove any strain on the front brake hose. Everything else is loose enough with out stress. Well worth the cost, IMHO.

#16 ·
Thanks Oldandslower,,,,That's just the setup that I want.........seeing the pictures makes me feel better about ordering them..............TD

#21 ·
I just installed my $19.00 Tusk risers on my 2012 Wee, everything went perfect, bolts were the correct length, no cable problems, only thing I had to do was paint them satin black, actually a shame, they did a great job making these, no tool marks at all. I bought the 30mm set, just up, that's all I needed, off a E-Bay dealer with free shipping, they also had the Rox pivoting risers, shinny or black, just make sure you get the ones for 7/8" bars. Cheers--BB

#26 ·
Thanks for the website Oldandslower, I'll be ordering mine this week.....I also lowered the front 3/4 of an inch, so hopefully that will help......TD

#27 ·
Anyone tried the Anti-vibration version of Rox risers?

Curious if anyone's tried the anti-vibration model of the Rox risers on the L2 Wee? Like these. Wondering if it's worth the extra $50. I need to get a couple thousand more miles on before I decide if I need risers at all, but down the road if I do, wondered if these would make any difference in comfort.

#29 ·
The tusk risers is by far the best $25 I spent on my V-Strom and maybe ever. I'm still surprised as to how much comfort I gained after installing these, completely eliminated my horrid elbow pain after long rides. I'd recommend these to anyone, on a side note I really like OD's setup. :thumbup:

#30 ·
I just finished putting my Rox Risers on..What a different feel, it's like a different bike. Now if the rain will just stop for a while so I can try them I'll let you know if I like them. Nice easy install with no cable changes.........TD

#33 ·
I installed 2" pivoting Rox Risers and did not lower the front at all. I did have to re-route the cables for it to work. I didn't put any cable extensions on at all.
The work perfectly and do not bind at any point. This was an easy $80 Farkle that greatly improved the ergo's for me. I'm 6'2". I suggest combining this with a set of Richland Rick's footpeg lowering kit.

#43 ·
Could you elaborate on which cables need rerouting and how did you go about it? I am curious if you simply altered cable guides or actually found a completely new path. I just received my Rox 2" model and am concerned about the throttle cable as well as brake lines.

#35 ·
Anyone try the Rox 3.5 inch risers and have some pics to share? I figured I would need at least 3.5 inches on top of my 1 inch risers to get my body feeling comfortable for cruising. Would also been interested on which make of after market cables you used for longer ones. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.