Windscreen and Buffeting Thread for the 2012+ DL650... The only one!!! - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Stromthusiast!

Smile Windscreen and Buffeting Thread for the 2012+ DL650... The only one!!!

Cee Baileys will have a new windshield out next week. They have been using my bike to pattern out ect. I will get my bike back on Wednesday with the shield. They are taking pictures on Monday and Tuesday. What do I get? A windshield for my bike for free and fifty dollars a day for loss of bike. It will be a week on Wednesday. They should have pictures up on their site then. My bike is the slower one but beautiful one (midnight black with blue highlights). Just thought you might like another option.

Respectfully, Doug
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Stromthusiast!

Sounds great, I will definately keep an eye on it! Can post a link?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default windshields

Sorry am not computer knowledgeable. but put in their name on search is all i know.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Keep us posted and show some pics, I'm not a fan of CB's windshields, but at your price I would be! I've seen several of them get stress cracks around the mounting holes, this varies as to the bike model, but another option would be nice, I'm waiting for National Cycle or Rifle to make something. My MRA works good enough, I just wish it was about 6" taller. Cheers--BB
Old 04-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Stromthusiast!

Not to hijack this thread, but we could use an all encompassing "windshield" thread and this title covers that.

Has anyone seen this outfit?

WindStrom Windshield for Suzuki V-Strom, Yamaha Tenere, BMW R1200GS motorcycle

Seems to be a well built unit that works with OR without the Madstad bracket on the new 2012. That would be great to be able to get it without the bracket and then add it later. About $200 plus $25 shipping.

They also have an additional lip you can order for an extra $120...

It looks like a happy medium between some of the more radical screens and the more modest ones.

Thoughts?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:28 PM
$tromtrooper

I just got the California Scientific (CalSci) shield for the 2012 DL650 and it's very nice. No Madstad needed, which is good for me since I have the SW-Motech GPS mount that went with the stock shield. Designed by Caltech rocket scientists who ride motorcycles (no kidding).

I'll take some pics next week (I just put it on today and 'm leaving on a trip early tomorrow morning) but the pics they have on their own website is pretty much it. At 6' 2" with a 34" inseam they told me I should get a size Large, and according to their estimated size chart it'd be between a Large and a Medium. I got a Large shield and mounted in the lowest setting, and took it for a brief test ride on the highway earlier today. Much less pressure on my shoulders and head, but somewhat more sensitivity to crosswinds due to the larger shield that I'm sure I'll get used to.

BTW I like the little touch that the mounting screws come with black snap-on covers that look great - better than silver screw heads or even the OEM shield's inset screw wells.

Last edited by robardin; 04-11-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:44 PM
$tromtrooper

I have the Madstd on the 2012, have tried the 22inch GIVI. Shiels is a bit too tall for comfortable riding. I ordered the 18inch Givi from PWD, should be just right for wife and me. Until then I am using the stock '08 on the '12 Glee.
FB MEMBER #133 - 2008 Wee
Old 04-13-2012, 01:12 AM
Stromthusiast!

Hello,

I did the same thing Andreas - I had a Madstad and a Givi 260 on my '09 Strom -and it was perfect t - but, too tall on my new '12 Strom - I cannot see over the screen... i am thinking of going with the Madstad 18". I am 5'10", but I have a tall torso, and large head (XL Schoei RF1000 helmet.)

Let us know how the new setup works for you...

--John
Old 04-13-2012, 01:15 AM
Stromthusiast!

Wait a minute - Andreas - did you say 18" Givi? Which one is that? I do not see it on PWD website...

--John
Old 04-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Stromthusiast!

This is an excellent thread! I am going to wait for mirror extenders to come in (which is supposed to help a little with wind noise) and then see how bad the wind is. If then, I will get the Manta windshield as it seems to be the best for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
buffeting , glee , madstad , windscreen