Windscreen and Buffeting Thread for the 2012+ DL650... The only one!!! - Page 35 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 01:24 AM
Stromthusiast!

Givi Airflow.

I know someone with one and it works well for her.
Let you know more when I get one.

FYI. No problems with buffeting here, but I could live with less wind noise.

Pete
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Default Looks very interesting

[quote=wlkjw;882961]...another option...

http://www.palmerproducts.co.uk/ -> Accessories -> Vstrom>2011

This option looks very interesting (at least it sounds good...), and I particularly like that idea of the horizontal bar for the phone/gps thing.

Anyone try this product yet?
Old 12-14-2012, 08:24 AM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowkarver View Post
Hi Gotawee, did you mount the lower screen onto the middle set of fairing holes? Also wondering how high you prefer the slider (guess I would also need to know how tall you are too). I like the Givi a lot, but haven't had a chance to ride a long distance and experiment with the Airflow yet, so I'm curious how others are setting theirs up.
Hi Snowkarver
Sorry I haven't replied sooner been busy planning Xmas road ride/trip.

I have the Givi mounted in the top holes on the fairing and the top screen is currently slid down 70 mm from the top and about 55mm from the bottom with tape measure on the edge of the mount blocks/clamp thingies to the end of the clear slide bar.
Hope that makes sense can take pics if you want.

This seems to work on the first ride haven't tried lowering the main screen part yet and probably won't, might play with the top half some more maybe.
I did try different slide adjustments on the ride but it seems OK for me like this.

I am 5"7" with 32 in seam.

Cheers Gotawee
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:03 PM

Default Xscreen from MRA

Bought the Givi Airflow? but couldn't get it right so bought the MRA xsceen which uses the standard screen but gives you an adjustable upper portion.

Just did 9000 kms in the last couple of weeks and buffeting is gone and as long as there is no crosswind there the wind noise is well down. Unfortunately I went east to west and then return and the wind for the most part was somewhat northerly and it was this crosswind that was causing the wind noise by getting up into my helmet from the side.

In the early morning with only light winds the wind noise was not a problem and I had no buffeting except when following big road trains. You can see the screen on the bike in the photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010806 (800x450).jpg (61.1 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg P1010810 (800x450).jpg (48.4 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg P1010819 (640x360).jpg (20.3 KB, 77 views)
Old 12-30-2012, 01:44 PM
$tromtrooper

Default Givi Airflow + Aprillia Mirrors

What a difference the Givi Airflow and Aprilia mirrors have made! I can actually hear my engine. I can also lift my visor at 60mph with no problems...
Old 01-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Stromthusiast!

The stock DL650 screen wasn't perfect for me at 6'3" but I put this edging on my screen and that made enough of a buffeting difference that I will use it that way instead of replacing it. I have also used the product on a large scooter screen.

It does not add much to the overall wind protection but seems to cut the turbulence down greatly on a given screen.

SAENG/TA, Sport Touring Accessories - Micro-Swirl™| Gen-4 Edging
Old 01-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Stromthusiast!

I found some good thoughts and experience on the microswirl edging at the site below. I know some folks notice a benefit and others seem to miss it but keep in mind there are many variables and they do have a money back guarantee.

Motorcycle Info Pages - R1200GS DIY Mods > R1200GS Aeroflow Screen

Last edited by fastnlight; 01-03-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Another completely satified Madstad bracket customer. I used to be 6 ft tall in my younger days, 33.5 inseam. Got their windscreen at the same time. I'm amazed at all the engine-parts noises I can now hear...which the bash-plate helps reflect upward, too! But, buffetting be gone!
Old 01-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Stromthusiast!

Has anyone tried all 3 setting with the stock Windscreen?
I've tried the middle stock and the upper mounts, but I didn't notice any differences.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Bone View Post
Has anyone tried all 3 setting with the stock Windscreen?
I've tried the middle stock and the upper mounts, but I didn't notice any differences.
Same here. Only where the turbulence hits me changes.

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
buffeting , glee , madstad , windscreen