2012 Seat - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 01:20 PM
$tromtrooper

Default 2012 Seat

I've finally done a long enough ride to know I need a different seat, or I'm gonna be crippled. I will try the Spencer seat mod first. If that doesn't do the trick, it'll be another Russell.

This message and images are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. http://creativecommons.org
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcgee View Post
I've finally done a long enough ride to know I need a different seat, or I'm gonna be crippled. I will try the Spencer seat mod first. If that doesn't do the trick, it'll be another Russell.
Haha.....rode my Dad's 2012 last week, and while I agree, the new seat is much better than previous, it would not keep me happy for more than 2hrs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-12-2012, 04:08 PM
$tromtrooper

Yep, it was 2.5 hours that did me in.

This message and images are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. http://creativecommons.org
Old 03-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

lol, I get an aching butt if I sit on the comfy sofa for 2 and a half hours straight. Do these aftermarket seats really keep your butt comfy for over 3hrs straight?

"Riding a motorcycle is very good for your health until it suddenly isn't. It's like having a poison pill in your bottle of Tylenol. You'll run into it one day, and the relief the others gave you probably wasn't worth it at all." K'ale
Old 03-12-2012, 04:31 PM
$tromtrooper

I've done 14 hours on the Russell and 12+ on a Spencer-modded DL1000 seat. They're still a pain in the arse, but not so much compared to stock. The Sargent was also quite a bit better than stock.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Stromthusiast!

I see one in my future too. I'm comfortable for a half hour before I start to feel the seat pan beneath me.

I'd like to have something a little taller too. I've found out that I'm not a Corbin guy! Had a Sargent on a VFR that was pretty good but I love the Russell on the FJR

12 Wee
06 FJR
Old 03-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Stromthusiast!

I can ride all day, for multiple days with my Corbin, and not have a sore rump.....get fatigued in other areas.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Stromthusiast!

Are there any seats yet out for the 2012 Vstrom? All I see from the manufacturers are -2011 models!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:34 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by abb1 View Post
Are there any seats yet out for the 2012 Vstrom? All I see from the manufacturers are -2011 models!
I haven't seen any yet.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:45 PM
$tromtrooper

I just picked up my 2012 650 on Saturday and rode it back 150 miles from the dealer, enough to know I need a different seat for long rides. I'm going to order an additional seat and send it off to Russel. I had a Russel on my 1200 GS and loved it. I'll use the stock seat around town and the Russel for trips.

Walt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement