StromTrooper banner

Show us your 2012-2016 DL650 - the pictures thread.

Tags
glee photos wee
1M views 3K replies 940 participants last post by  Chucksklrst 
#1 ·
Post pictures of your 2012 DL in here :thumbup:

#722 ·
Where do the 12's and 13's go?

I know this thread says 04-11 but what about us guys with the 12's and 13's? So here are my pics anyways! Just got it today! Drove it 35 miles, dealer is only 10, didn't want to stop!

I have many a plan for this bone stock wee!

#728 ·
Mate, that is awesome :thumbup:

Did you do that? If so do you take commissions?
Would love something like that with the Pair of Stroms! :yesnod:

#733 · (Edited)
I've had this for a little over 2 weeks.....finally got all my stuff on it! This was taken in the parking lot at work...no flash. I'm doing the 600 mile service tomorrow.

Goodies consist of - OEM Center Stand and Lower Cowl, BB VPS, RR Forkbrace, Shad SH-45 Top Case, and a Givi AF. Not pictured is the Suzuki Tankbag.

Attachments

#735 ·
Hi! Yes, that is my artwork. Thanks for the positive response, that's always nice to hear. I did that illustration for the good folks who are organizing the V-Strom West Rally.

Though I'm a Medical Illustrator by profession I also do Aviation, Motorsports, Military, and many other types of artwork. I am a traditional illustrator/artist, meaning I draw everything by hand, none of that computer art or CAD design (I grew up before computers! You other old bstrds remember those day, dontcha?) Now, I can't sell things thru this site as I am not a vendor... but if anyone is interested in artwork they're welcome to contact me thru PM. NOTE: If projects come to me thru the people on this site I will give back to the site... I'm very fair that way! If GW or other moderator wanted to inform me of the do's and don'ts I am certainly going to comply. (don't wanna run afoul of the rules here... I really like being here!)

You can email me at maggiomedicart@hotmail.com and we can talk!

Again, thanks for the thumbs up!
Chris

#737 ·
Found the best way to get home yesterday! Takes me on this awesome 10 mile dirt road! Also can't wait to get out of this break in period, luckily only have 250 more miles to go!

#739 ·
2013 650

Got my 13 strom 650 on tuesday afternoon and havent wanted to stop riding. I look forward to going to work so I can ride it, but as soon as I get to work I wish the day was over so I can ride it again! So much fun. Put 360 miles on it in 3 days!

Found this awesome dirt road home the other day. I will be going that way quite often now!

#753 ·
Some of my V-Strom Pics

Here are the after market parts that I have:
- GIVI TRK52N Monokey Trekker Top Case 52 Liter / the case base part no. is givi SRA3101
- GIVI tanklock bag T489 / the gas lid adapter GIVI BF01
- GIVI skid plate RP3101
- GIVI engine guards TN532

I recently put some Goldfren brake pads S33 compound and it noticeably improved the braking. Not that the stock were bad, but I can tell it stops a little better now with no additional changes.
Part no. Fronts are 104 and 124. The rear part no. 021

Anybody has tried to modify the look of the front headlights? I'm not sure if I'm the only one here but I'm not a big fan.

Pics:

Cheers!

Attachments

#757 ·
After a weekend road trip to Atlantic City, rural Delaware, Baltimore, Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, my bike has been in a few more states now.

It has also had a small bird, a sparrow, fly into it while going 70 MPH in a misty western Pennsylvania mountain pass. I thought it just bounced off, and was glad it hadn't it my helmet instead. Then when I stopped for gas about 90 minutes later, .... well, just look at the last picture!

lucy the margate elephant by robardin, on Flickr

lucy on the bars with (no) diamonds by robardin, on Flickr

arriving at the cape may ferry terminal by robardin, on Flickr

bikes on the ferry by robardin, on Flickr

a wooded road in rural delaware by robardin, on Flickr

annapolis main street - church view (with bike) by robardin, on Flickr

arriving at orioles park by robardin, on Flickr

the road approaching the sideling hill cut by robardin, on Flickr

new metropolitan theatre, downtown morgantown, WV by robardin, on Flickr

my bike at the upper incline station by robardin, on Flickr

the misty mountains of the laurel highlands by robardin, on Flickr

the fall of a sparrow by robardin, on Flickr

#760 ·
Been commuting 60 miles a day on a Zuma 125 for over a year and felt it was finally time to upgrade! After research for about 5 months, I finally came out with the Strom was the bike for me. Picked it up earlier today and hit the main roads... learning to shift and clutch along the way haha

Absolutely love the comfort of it so far! And I attached a picture of me breaking it in nicely tonight!

Attachments

#761 ·
Stoked Steve, is that a givi tanklock back? possibly the t489 or t491? If it is how do you like it? does it mount close to the tank as to not show the mount, ie does it look like a magnetic bag? thanks

Loaded up for the ride home...

[/QUOTE]

#764 ·
Stoked Steve, is that a givi tanklock back? possibly the t489 or t491? If it is how do you like it? does it mount close to the tank as to not show the mount, ie does it look like a magnetic bag? thanks
I have the T491 and love it. Fast on and off and holds a ton of stuff. Follows the curve of the tank quite nicely. Here's a side shot:

#767 ·
Great shot! :thumbup: