Show us your 2012+ DL650 - the pictures thread. - Page 42 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 01:50 AM
$tromtrooper

Bought it in Nova Scotia that day but now lives in B.C. Nice ride I own 2 KLR's and still love them but this bike ...!! oh man this is a nice machine alright. Wow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(2).jpg (97.7 KB, 175 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 10:56 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Hello ... from sunny Singapore!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000012.jpg (98.8 KB, 116 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Stromthusiast!

A beautiful day last Friday for a ride on the road less travelled ! This looks good, let's give it a go...great trail.....oh, nice downhill....little sandy....oh....little muddy....ride through ruts full of water....cool...oh-oh.....downhill cool run is now a steep slick uphill.....with a street tire no less....stuck in a rut somewhere north west of Alliston....get the phone number of the local towing company from Ontario Hydro truck passing...great.....they are my auto club dealer.....NOT on unassumed roads !
He arrives with a flatbed and a four wheel drive front end loader, comes down the hill, puts slings around the bike and attaches chains to the bucket & lifts my baby out of the rut and backs up the hill to level ground and gets stuck in the ruts....we push the bike around the loader and I ride through water filled ruts to the road 500 feet away....loader is stuck in the ruts now and can't get out, so drives the 3 kms to the other end where I started...flatbead gets stuck in the driveway full of sand he parked in....took hime 30 minutes to get out ! Beautiful day at the end of the season !

$120.00 towing charge.....PRICELESS !!!

Suzuki guy since...
1972 500 Titan (72-79)
1979 550 RamAir (79-81)
2004 Volusia 800 (08-12)
www.plansinwood.com
Old 11-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Stromthusiast!

[IMG][/IMG]
A day in the Lake District
Old 11-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilStrom View Post
$120.00 towing charge.....PRICELESS !!!
I have found that our adventure is a little more than the bike is capable of at times. I have been stuck twice now and both times I was on my own the last time it took me 40 mins to dig the bike out.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxstrom View Post
I was on my own the last time it took me 40 mins to dig the bike out.
The ironic part, is that I was looking online at more aggressive tires just the night before. The $120 was well worth it at my age, as my back was sore enough last week after trying to get it out of the rut. My buddy Newhoco arrived just after I got out, but I doubt that even the two of us could have gotten it out, considering the muck under the leaves. I wish I had found the trail during our long dry summer....lolol

Suzuki guy since...
1972 500 Titan (72-79)
1979 550 RamAir (79-81)
2004 Volusia 800 (08-12)
www.plansinwood.com
Old 11-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Stromthusiast!

Guess V-Strom has its uses if there is not much shade
Old 11-07-2012, 05:25 PM
$tromtrooper

Default DL650 in the snow

I rode in to work this morning in NY despite the prediction of a Nor'easter hitting us this afternoon into tomorrow evening, because I figured I could deal with rain/wind on the way home. I didn't quite expect (or believe) the predictions of snow, not until nightfall anyway.

I left work early to try to make it home before the snow started to stick. Well about 10 minutes from my house, it started to stick... I had to wipe my visor clear every minute or so with my left hand. I made it home in one piece and took a pic of my bike before putting it into the garage (I couldn't back it in while on the bike, my boots didn't have enough traction to get it up the slight uphill incline until I got off the bike to push it with the sidestand down!).

BTW - heated gear totally rocks. I had a set of Powerlet heated jacket liner and gloves plugged into a Powerlet socket I installed under my left passenger footpegs and it was a warm and toasty ride.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default Some old roads in North Raleigh

I had to try some dirt with the new Wee. Nothing too technical, but it was sure fun.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default Getting the tires dirty

This is in north Raleigh. It is fun to find these little adventures.

Photo Oct 27, 4 41 56 PM-M.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
glee , photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.