Akrapovic on a 2012 - Page 18 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

Thumbs up Akrapovic on a 2012

Hi Zol, The pipes and canister run cooler than stock and are tucked further in so I find that there is no more chance cooking your heel or of having the passenger be uncomfortable with the pipes than there is with the OEM systems,

These Akrapovic Exhausts are very well engineered and thought out,

You will be good to go,

Enjoy the ride and best regards,
Blair
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Stromthusiast!

I received the new 2012 version of akrapovic today from Blair at SV Racing and mounted it up ...easy install with straight forward instructions.. everything fit perfectly...I think it looks much better than stock...lost some weight ... and love the new sound. Worth the cost to me for the grin factor when riding

Last edited by TAZ650; 11-15-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ650 View Post
I received the new 2012 version of akrapovic today from Blair at SV Racing and mounted it up ...easy install with straight forward instructions.. everything fit perfectly...I think it looks much better than stock...lost some weight ... and love the new sound. Worth the cost to me for the grin factor when riding

Pics please!!

Old 11-15-2012, 06:16 AM
Stromthusiast!

How do these cans compare to other brands like Arrow, Yoshi? etc
Old 11-15-2012, 06:30 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medve View Post
How do these cans compare to other brands like Arrow, Yoshi? etc
I had the Akrapovic on my KTM 990 SMR and it sounded so amazing I did not even look at others. The quality in the looks and fitment make it worth it to me. Blair had the best price and customer service for it and he responds to any questions you email him right away..sometimes in just minutes..lol..
As far as sound.... it has a nice rumble at idle but twisting the throttle makes it different bike ...sounds awesome but not too loud and just cruising along at steady speed not loud at all...

I just installed it late last night so I will try to get some pics today and post them later...

Last edited by TAZ650; 11-15-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Stromthusiast!

Nice to hear! In my Avatar I'm riding a 990 superduke at a KTM demo day, I rode every bike they made!

Take a look at the top of the rear brake caliper and see if it could possibly hit the inside of the bottom of the cannister. I wonder about the length of the can too with side cases. I don't plan on getting any so...

They are sending me the new version and I'm supposed to send back what they gave me.

I think this pipe sounds awesome! Worth the price of admission especially the weight loss.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
Nice to hear! In my Avatar I'm riding a 990 superduke at a KTM demo day, I rode every bike they made!

Take a look at the top of the rear brake caliper and see if it could possibly hit the inside of the bottom of the cannister. I wonder about the length of the can too with side cases. I don't plan on getting any so...

They are sending me the new version and I'm supposed to send back what they gave me.

I think this pipe sounds awesome! Worth the price of admission especially the weight loss.

I did not have one of the 04 -11 cans to compare but cant see the caliper hitting the pipe....the canister and rear most pipe were labeled for a 2012 model so i would say it is redesigned to fit correctly.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ650 View Post

THIS SOUNDS GREAT! so the o2 sensor fit right in? no cutting? the springs that attach the can to the pipe fit corrrectly? these are things i remember about the last insatall on the 12 model. can't wait for some pics...planning on dropping some more money on the most perfect bike ever.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Stromthusiast!

Looks like Blair has a little competition at:

2012 at More Power Racing Free shipping!

Maybe this spring when I get $$$ from a tax return...
Old 11-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

Thumbs up Akrapovic on a 2012

Hi Everyone, I match prices for my fellow Stromtroopers whenever it is possible and keep the parts we need and want in stock and ready to ship,

Enjoythe ride, and best regards,
Blair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement