2012 Prices - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default 2012 Prices

Hello All,

I just wanted to get an update as to what kind of deals people are getting on the new DL. I have a sense that dealers are being a little stingy because of the 0% financing deal... Some dealers here in the NW are advertising at $8699.00 - some deal !!

Thanks,

John
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

If that price included all taxes and fees, I would think that is a fair price. But, to each their own. If the dealer is getting a lot of inquiries and thinks they will sell, they will be harder to deal with.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:12 PM
$tromtrooper

Boston area: Mine was close to $8k after the $500 discount from list and the bullshit fees were added back in. I paid cash for it.

I also had to pay sales tax directly to the state.

This message and images are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. http://creativecommons.org
Old 02-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default 2012 Price

I may have paid too much, but I got one for $7900 + TTL with 0% financing. I tried to haggle down to $7500, but that was as low as they would go. I called 6 or 7 dealers and they were the only ones that currently had a 2012. Probably hurt my negotiating position, but I wasn't sure I'd be able to find another by the end of the 0% promotion.

I told one dealer I wanted it for 7500 and he flipped his lid. Thought he was going to throw me out of the dealership. He went off on a rant about how he would not sell for a loss.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:33 PM
$tromtrooper

That ranting crap doesn't work on me. I just get up and walk out without saying anything. Never had it happen with a bike dealer, but it seems to be a favorite of car dealers.

This message and images are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. http://creativecommons.org
Old 02-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Stromthusiast!

Thanks for the replies... I guess it is supply-demand thing for the most part... I think that for now $8000.00 OTD is about the best we can do - at least until then end of the 0% promo., and until stock increases. It appears to be stock is now flowing from the warehouses after the delay due to the brake switch recall.

RE: dealer cost - I have not run the dealer cost of the '12 - but when I bought my '09 - in January of '09 - the markup was between 12 and 13% - if that rate still applied, dealer cost for the '12 would be $7300 or so...and that does not include dealer holdback...

I don't recall the name of the website where one can find dealer cost - but I have used it twice, and it appeared to be accurate, and very helpful in negotiating price...I wonder if anyone else has found the dealer cost figure for the base model?

--John
Old 02-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Stromthusiast!

Oh, and BTW, we have no sales tax in Oregon, although we now have 4 year licensing which is more expensive...

John
Old 02-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Stromthusiast!

I got mine for $8,900 OTD (includes CA 8.25% tax).
Old 02-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel View Post
I got mine for $8,900 OTD (includes CA 8.25% tax).
If that includes DMV fees, you got a very good deal. Congrats!
Old 02-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonerov View Post
If that includes DMV fees, you got a very good deal. Congrats!
Yep, includes all fees. I only regret not taking advantage of the $200 sidecase deal (I'm sure I could have negotiated them in even though that offer is only for the 2011 models).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement