2012 Prices - Page 21 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Stromthusiast!

2012 Adventure. Black.
Crappy picture from the night I got it home. Trucked it to the house, took off the side bags to make loading easier.

Last edited by deputygene; 12-06-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 02:20 PM
$tromtrooper

That's really nice, congratulations. I really want I white one but I do like those top loading Trax bags and will probably get them in the aluminum finish. I figure that I can spray the insides with rustolium to eliminate the aluminum marking everything. You probably will get more riding in over the winter than I will in Maine. Mine should be in by the end of March or beginning of April and hopefully I will have sold my ST by then.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Stromthusiast!

I hope to get some winter riding in. Rained yesterday, cold this morning but warmed up nice, but I am at work.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Rode home on my 2012 adv. Saturday night. My dealer almost got away with pulling a fast one.

I did a lot of emailing dealers shopping around for best otd deals (just easier due to set up, freight, b.s. fees varying so much around here). Best came out to be $9800. I had been to my local dealership earlier in the week and they had an adv for $7999, but of course once you added the $1160 in fees they wanted the bike was over $10,000 otd (they would not even consider negotiating the b.s. fees).

During that time the best rate was 6.99%, yuck. The local dealer called, said they would meet the $9800, so in I went and figured I would just have to come to grips with the interest rate. The salesman had me sign that the $9800 was my offer, even though he had already agreed over the phone, then took forever to come back. When he returned he had a big shit eating smile on his face and said he could "get" me the 0% through a special financing deal with the dealership owners if the price went up $330 . I got out the calculator and that saved $1400 over the life of the loan, so I went for it.

Welllll, got home with my bike (very dark out by this time so just rode home) and checked some posts on advrider. Surprise, surprise, there was a post from a salesman in another state who said Suzuki was offering 0% financing starting December 1st - the day I bought the bike. I checked who the finance company is on the Suzuki website and then on my contract - they are the same, no special new financing from the dealership.

Had to wait until the next morning. I was pissed. Immediately called the dealership. Carlos, my a.hole salesman, said about 5 words when I told him what the problem was, then told me the finance person, Juan, would call me back in a few minutes.
Juan didn't call in 10 minutes so I called him - Carlos had never said anything to him. Juan told me the sales manager would call me back in a few minutes. The sales manager called back promptly; I explained what happened. I told him that what would make me happy was getting back the $330 plus taxes on that amount, could be store credit, but that was what would make me happy and emphasized that I live locally. Told him it wasn't a threat, just saying; I live locally. Was told that my gift certificate would be waiting for me that day.

So, off to the dealership to order my new helmet. Carlos neglected to tell me that when you bought a bike you got 10% off in the store that day, but a sales person there had seen me the day before and let me know I could use the discount that day. Got the helmet for internet price, financed over 5 year for 0%.

One last moment at the dealership. The night before, when Carlos was going over basics on operating the bike, he made a big deal that the back of the shop hadn't given me a full tank of gas. Told me to come back anytime. So, after I ordered my helmet I rode around to the back and got a full tank.

My experience with this dealership has been mixed. I bought my first bike there - no bullshit, good price. Got into an argument with a parts guy over which oil to buy (I disagreed with him, he told me to go talk to the repair department if I didn't believe him , I did, he was wrong - turns out they didn't have the oil I wanted in stock......) I've used their repair dept and they've been fine. That's pretty much the buzz in town - some good people work some and some really bad. Was a good place to go when it was family owned - went to shit when bought by a group that owned several dealerships.

But, after all of that, I have my new buddy!!!! My biggest bike yet!!!!! Love it!!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bike View Post
Rode home on my 2012 adv. Saturday night. My dealer almost got away with pulling a fast one.

I did a lot of emailing dealers shopping around for best otd deals (just easier due to set up, freight, b.s. fees varying so much around here). Best came out to be $9800. I had been to my local dealership earlier in the week and they had an adv for $7999, but of course once you added the $1160 in fees they wanted the bike was over $10,000 otd (they would not even consider negotiating the b.s. fees).

During that time the best rate was 6.99%, yuck. The local dealer called, said they would meet the $9800, so in I went and figured I would just have to come to grips with the interest rate. The salesman had me sign that the $9800 was my offer, even though he had already agreed over the phone, then took forever to come back. When he returned he had a big shit eating smile on his face and said he could "get" me the 0% through a special financing deal with the dealership owners if the price went up $330 . I got out the calculator and that saved $1400 over the life of the loan, so I went for it.

Welllll, got home with my bike (very dark out by this time so just rode home) and checked some posts on advrider. Surprise, surprise, there was a post from a salesman in another state who said Suzuki was offering 0% financing starting December 1st - the day I bought the bike. I checked who the finance company is on the Suzuki website and then on my contract - they are the same, no special new financing from the dealership.

Had to wait until the next morning. I was pissed. Immediately called the dealership. Carlos, my a.hole salesman, said about 5 words when I told him what the problem was, then told me the finance person, Juan, would call me back in a few minutes.
Juan didn't call in 10 minutes so I called him - Carlos had never said anything to him. Juan told me the sales manager would call me back in a few minutes. The sales manager called back promptly; I explained what happened. I told him that what would make me happy was getting back the $330 plus taxes on that amount, could be store credit, but that was what would make me happy and emphasized that I live locally. Told him it wasn't a threat, just saying; I live locally. Was told that my gift certificate would be waiting for me that day.

So, off to the dealership to order my new helmet. Carlos neglected to tell me that when you bought a bike you got 10% off in the store that day, but a sales person there had seen me the day before and let me know I could use the discount that day. Got the helmet for internet price, financed over 5 year for 0%.

One last moment at the dealership. The night before, when Carlos was going over basics on operating the bike, he made a big deal that the back of the shop hadn't given me a full tank of gas. Told me to come back anytime. So, after I ordered my helmet I rode around to the back and got a full tank.

My experience with this dealership has been mixed. I bought my first bike there - no bullshit, good price. Got into an argument with a parts guy over which oil to buy (I disagreed with him, he told me to go talk to the repair department if I didn't believe him , I did, he was wrong - turns out they didn't have the oil I wanted in stock......) I've used their repair dept and they've been fine. That's pretty much the buzz in town - some good people work some and some really bad. Was a good place to go when it was family owned - went to shit when bought by a group that owned several dealerships.

But, after all of that, I have my new buddy!!!! My biggest bike yet!!!!! Love it!!!!
that is where i bought my 2012 Glee and dealt with the owner himself and walked out the door with the exact price we had negotiated.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

The place has been hit and miss for me. Glad you had a good experience!

The sales manager took care of business.

Run if the salesman introduces himself as Carlos.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Stromthusiast!

Great looking bike DeputyGene !
The Canadian exp model comes with top case as well as side cases. I find for normal riding, it is best to remove side cases and the top case is invaluable (side cases are great for trips). The top Suzuki case (same as the Trax) will hold large full face helmet with room to spare.
Ken

Last edited by nuke; 12-07-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default 2012 used bike from dealer.

I just paid $7500 plus tax for a used basic model that had 279 miles on it. Someone brought it back after being freaked out by it's size and weight. Came with title and tabs till September 2013. Looks clean as can be.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke View Post
Great looking bike DeputyGene !
The Canadian exp model comes with top case as well as side cases. I find for normal riding, it is best to remove side cases and the top case is invaluable (side cases are great for trips). The top Suzuki case (same as the Trax) will hold large full face helmet with room to spare.
Ken
I like the top box, priced one here and looking at around $550.00 for it. Wish it came on the US version.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default I feel I was taken for a ride...and feel stupid about it!!

I got a 2012 white pearl v-strom about two weeks ago...

Here in Hollywood, my local dealership lets you have it. Check this out: I paid $8,300 plus tax ($750.85), registration transferring and title fees ($83), vehicle license fee ($55), electronic registration charge ($29), document processing charge ($80). and and get this; vehicle tire fee ($3.80).

Total damage: $9300

I got some lame $100 discount and ended up paying $9,200 out the door with 0% interest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement