2012 Prices - Page 19 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by budrowilson View Post
Nobody can agree on what OTD means...
Actually sir, you seem to be the only one here that is arguing that OTD, never includes TTL, even if you had to pay that to get the bike "out the door".

Check out posts #8, 13, 14, 26, 28, 29, 30, 42, 53, 62 , 65 ....

all of the posts either included in and/or mentioned specifically that TTL was not included in their OTD price.

What, exactly, is your problem with the term "before TTL?" If you want to subtract TTL from someone's price that doesn't mention the amount, just look it up. I'd imagine the others that don't mention it don't know or don't want to look up what they paid in TTL.
Santiago, Chile to Ushuia Argentina and up to Cusco, Peru (7 months)
Peruvian Andes (3 months)
N Chile - Medellin, Colombia (3 months)
Cartegena, CO to N Chile (3 months)[/SIZE]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by budrowilson View Post
YOU SAID: "......Will the dealer let you take the vehicle without paying TTL (Title, Taxes, Licensing)? No."

The correct answer is YES......the dealer will let you take the bike OTD without paying TTL in some states the dealer simply collects the taxes in your state and some states but not all states and turns it over to the state. That's why TTL is not part of the negotiated OTD price. Fugetabowdit......u ain't gettin' it
Trying to convince some of these people that you can drive home on your new bike without paying ttl up front is a lost cause. All they care about is how they do it where they are. By their logic I guess we should include my insurance which I did have to pay for before I left the dealership even though I paid title and license transfer fees a month later. Again. I paid $8802.50 total. plus insurance. and drove home.

I am finding it quite strange how many people think its completely normal for a salesman to do the governments job of collecting taxes. To the point that they seem to believe its actually part of the price. Point of sale collection of taxes gets people to include taxes in financing. I would never do that. It would be just like paying the IRS with a credit card. Never.

Help the cache along if you can. http://www.stromtrooper.com/north-am...a-revived.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Went to a Denver Metro dealer today, looked at the '12 650 ADV. I ended up walking after they weren't moving on price at all. I suspect they may hold onto it until end of month and perhaps bring price down then. In any case, I'm tempted to wait for the new year and the '13s.

Details:
$8,799 base price looked good, but then BS fees (shipping, assembly, D&H) brought it to 9,470. I then mentioned a discount ($200) I was entitled to but he said he wouldn't stack the discounts as he already discounted it So walk I did!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Old 10-09-2012, 06:04 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmason1961 View Post
Point of sale collection of taxes gets people to include taxes in financing. I would never do that. It would be just like paying the IRS with a credit card. Never.
??

Paying TTL to the dealer is nothing but a good thing. It means they're acting as the DMV for you so you don't have to go there yourself to file the forms and get the plate and title doc and all that. At least in NY State, it means they collect the TTL and have pre-allocated real (not temporary) plates and registration documents to give to you, and you get the title doc mailed to you later from the DMV after it gets processed. It's even something I'd pay a service charge for, to avoid having to take time off from work to visit the DMV, but they do it for free. It has nothing to do with financing at all.

Financing means you're hooking up with a financing company (which is not the dealership, though they probably get kickback from Suzuki Finance or something if they funnel you to them). That financing company is lending you money to pay the dealer - for the bike, for accessories, for the TTL, for buying you and your brother four fried chickens and a Coke plus four slices of toast white bread (dry), whatever it is you're paying the dealer for, for whatever reason. If you pay it all in cash or put it all on your CC or use their financing, you owe the dealership the same same amount of money.

You could earmark it by saying, "I'll pay the $500 or whatever for the TTL in cash or on my CC, and finance just the bike", but it'd be a purely symbolic gesture: it'd be no different than simply handing them a $500 cashier's check drawn from your checking account and financing the rest. The government agencies and the dealership are getting the same money either way, in whatever combo of directly from you or from the financing company, and you are then on the hook to pay back however much you financed back to the financing company at whatever terms you agreed to. That's it.

So yes, if you're putting no money down and are financing the bike entirely, then signing over some financed amount to the dealer and letting the dealership handle the TTL is just like borrowing money to pay the TTL at the DMV. Once you are putting any cash down and that cash amount exceeds the TTL you're paying through the dealership, you may as well consider it as having paid the TTL in cash and financed whatever is left towards the bike.

Last edited by robardin; 10-09-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BColo View Post
Went to a Denver Metro dealer today, looked at the '12 650 ADV. I ended up walking after they weren't moving on price at all. I suspect they may hold onto it until end of month and perhaps bring price down then. In any case, I'm tempted to wait for the new year and the '13s.

Details:
$8,799 base price looked good, but then BS fees (shipping, assembly, D&H) brought it to 9,470. I then mentioned a discount ($200) I was entitled to but he said he wouldn't stack the discounts as he already discounted it So walk I did!

Good for you. Stick to your guns. Hopefully that is the price for the Adventure model. You did well. Now find another dealer and try to make the $8800 deal with someone else without the extra fees. The dealer can still turn a profit at $8800 without any extra fees. Mine did. Call every dealer in your state. And take your time. Let the dealers know your ready to buy and what you will pay. One of them will bite.

Help the cache along if you can. http://www.stromtrooper.com/north-am...a-revived.html
Old 11-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Stromthusiast!

You should be able to get one for $8,800.00
Old 11-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default New Glee Strom owner.

I just bought a 650DL ADV on Monday, 11/05/12. I feel I got a pretty sweet deal. I paid $8,200 for the bike and the other hidden charges were $892 and the break-out is as follows: $398.00 Suzuki Freight, $296.00 Assembly / Set-up and $198.00 Dealer Handling. They gave me 15% off parts, so I bought the Suzuki center stand, heated grips and hand guards and paid 2.5 hours labor at $90 and hour for install. I also bought the max warranty of 6 years / unlimited miles I believe for $830.00. I plan on putting over a 100,000 on this bike the next five or so years beginning with a UCC next July. There was a plate transfer fee of $95.00 for Florida. I traded in my first Harley, a 2002 Fatboy with 82,649 miles and some cosmetic defects that I have only ridden lightly since 2007 and they gave me $6000 for it. All in my OTD including tax was $5,210.33.

I think this was a fair deal ... Thoughts?

Looking forward to miles of smiles.

Greg
Old 11-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default Prices

Sometimes its good to live here in the Philippines. But not when yer wanna buy a vehicle.

Bought a DL650 last month, only 3 imported as far as I know here. Only available in Manila, Cash discount 1%. Decided to Buy it from Cebu Dealer (overnight ferry). Cebu Dealer no discount, sit down guys. 483,000 pesos, a tad under US$12,000. and then they charge me police clearance, reg fees, etc. And that was not for an adventure option, std bike. yer gotta want it to buy it.

Worst part is I paid my 50% plus deposit October 5, it took them 10 days to get it to Cebu. They still haven't got it registered, so legally i cant ride it till yet. Rode it for a few days under the conduction permit (I had to pay extra for).
Old 11-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Quote:
Hello,

I'm ready to buy my first V-Strom, and was wondering what dealers in the Denver Metro others have used? I'm hoping for an OTD around $8500 - 8700.

I did see a dealer far away in Peoria, AZ (RideNow Powersports) offering a few for ... $7,795. I need to call and check on the OTD for that, but with airfare about $100 one way it could make financial sense. Of course not sure if an 800 mile ride back to CO would be appropriate for a new engine?

Ned
Quote:

Details:

Hey Ned,
I've read through this thread and waited to post until now. I just picked up a DL650 in Peoria yesterday and everything went great with them.

According to them, an exporter prepurchased 20 DL650s, but then couldn't make good on it so they're left holding the bag trying to blow them out before the 2013s come in. I visited the shop a couple times last weekend and they didn't have any assembled (you will want to call them before flying down), but when I was there yesterday they had my bike plus two others assembled. Their sale price for the bike only is $7795 and the OTD is $9753 (their OTD includes TTL which they are required to collect in AZ). Also, they worked with me some on the price, but I wouldn't expect to walk out of there for $8.7k.

Anyway, thought my experience might help you make a decision. If you have any questions or anything post or PM or something.

Jason
Old 11-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

All I was able to do was $300 off MSRP on the standard model. Only one Suzuki dealer on the island and it's about 3000 miles until you hit the next one so my hands were tied if I wanted a DL650. Same situation with Honda, I love Hondas but haven't bought one in 4 years because there is onyl one dealer here and they know it so they stick it to you if you want to ride RED.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement