The New 2012 Strom "reviews" thread - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650A - 2012+

DL650A - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Default The New 2012 Strom "reviews" thread

Since the general 2012 Wee thread got killed I thought a thread with links to actual reviews of the new Strom (and our comments on the same) would be in order, starting with this one:

Suzuki V-Strom 650 2011 | Ash On Bikes

Edit: Here is the thread on the VSRI forum, always worth a look. Good pics.

http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php...15536.150.html

Last edited by rjwinz; 07-06-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2011, 12:01 PM
$tromtrooper

Good write-up.........I'm excited about its arrival, tho I won't be trading my 2008 Wee for a new one. Still good to know momma Zook is trying to update our beloved bike. Not sure I like the new seat/key unlatch location......seems it might interfere with oversized side panniers???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Here's one that's quite negative... gotta wonder if this reviewer has actually ridden or even seen the new bike lol

Suzuki fails to impress with its new 2012 V-Strom
Old 07-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Thats one of those "meh" non-reviews that accompanied the launch. We should get better ones from those that actually get on the bike and ride it.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twill1356 View Post
Here's one that's quite negative... gotta wonder if this reviewer has actually ridden or even seen the new bike lol

Suzuki fails to impress with its new 2012 V-Strom
so, basically the guy is complaining because the bike doesn't look "cool" ..

i guess he doesn't realize that the vast, vast majority of vstrom owners either think they look fine, or don't care what they look like since you can't see the nose from the seat anyhow
Old 07-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Let's wait for at least a dozen reviews or so and particularly comparisons. All too often, these writers are prone to selling roses because of the nature of their business. They are not going to get loaners if they are known to take apart those loaners in reviews. If they are doing a multi bike review, they may flower up the reviews but at least they will spit out some "better then best".
Old 07-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Thumbs up

Post them when you find them.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Stromthusiast!

I'm excited that they are calling this a new bike because now there will be more comparisons between it and competitors like the versys, gs800 and tiger 800.

It will be interesting to see how much difference the changes actually make between the old style and the new one.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
Let's wait for at least a dozen reviews or so and particularly comparisons. All too often, these writers are prone to selling roses because of the nature of their business. They are not going to get loaners if they are known to take apart those loaners in reviews. If they are doing a multi bike review, they may flower up the reviews but at least they will spit out some "better then best".
I agree. It's hard to tell when someone's giving an honest review, especially when magazines and websites rely on manufacturers' advertising $.

I'm sure the new bike will be fine, but overly positive (like the link at start of the thread, i believe) or overly negative ones should be taken with a grain of salt, IMHO.

Too bad there wasn't a "Top Gear"-like attitude to reviewing bikes. Those boys (in the UK; haven't seen the American version, but I'm guessing they aren't going to be as critical, at least not with Ford, GM and Chrysler) don't hold back when they don't like something, and that's refreshing. Too bad I can't aford 99% of what they are reviewing.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Default changes

i would say the bike is oviously much slimmer and with a narrow seat and more clearance be a better bike off road . also the motor is said to not have the bag of marbles loose inside sound of the old one . the wind shield buffeting probs are gone i would think . the water cooled oil cooler gets rid of the vunerable cooler of the old model . modern dash is a pluss aswell . worry of denting the expensive gas tank is also a great pluss . stupid faring that scratches when wipeing out is also gone . stock suzuki skid plate is nice as you can just get it when you buy it . crash bars seem improved . exhaust pipe looks less industrial . rear mud guard looks sporty . its obviously an improved prduct
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
glee , review