StromTrooper banner

Terry Adcox seat - Givi TN3101 crash bars

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  DaveinNC 
#1 ·
Well, the bike is back on the road as well as I am, at least for one month until my next surgery. The Adcox seat is excellent for what it cost. It really redistributed the weight and completely eliminates the hot spots I was getting after about 20 minutes in the stock saddle. This should have been my first upgrade. The Givi crash bars replaced my broken OEM bars, they are well built high-quality units, and being black they blend in with the bike and are almost invisible. I had to reposition my lights and make some adaptations to my highway pegs but overall this setup is much better than it was. I can highly recommend either product. The seat is a single bucket with the no stitch pattern, center bucket insert and pillion is the dimple vinyl. I also had the seat raised back up to stock since Terry's normal builds drop you down about 3/4 inch. Terry and Debi are great people to work with, and for 325.00 you just can't beat it. I still have the suspension and 4 pot calipers to do but will have to wait until next year. Fall and winter are my primary riding seasons and this year I will be missing enough as it is. I have about 4 weeks to ride so I am going to do as much as I can!

See less See more
#7 ·
Use 3 piece frame clamps to connect to bar and cross tube. The clevis's get held into the bar end with a piece of threaded rod for positioning and welding. I used OEM pegs. Do not paint it, it gets tore up, use truck bed liner, rustolium. These are the first version, the second version I am running now is much cleaner. 25" tip of peg to tip of peg. Extent no farther than the riders pegs. Be advised if you go down this set up will take out your crash bars. I have leaned it all the way past the chicken strips with no road contact.

#8 ·
frame sliders

I finally figured out what these things are. Dave, do you have a pic of how far they stick out, say, sitting on the bike, and where did you get them?

#15 ·
No shaved wings, raised seating area back to stock height. I have long legs, 6'3' with a 34 inseam. I ball of the feed the bike now when stopped due to the added width of the seat. I like it.

#16 ·
Unless you have a tiny hiney, do not shave the wings. Those are what support the hip bones, which makes the seat comfortable. I know the look takes some getting used too, but your arse will thank you.

That shelf is too low for any kind of back support. On long trips a bag on the pillion can double as a backrest, but it's not as good as a dedicated Harley type backrest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.