StromTrooper banner

Stole it!

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  basketcase 
#1 ·
Well, after some debate and convincing of SOQS, I brought home a new 2015 650XT! It was sitting in the back of a warehouse at the dealer about a half mile from me. Only had three miles on it, and they let it go for $7850! Put about thirty miles on it this morning and already love it. I have a new (to town) next door neighbor that has a Super Ten, and he wants me to show him around up in the mountains, so Sunday we're going to put in a good ride. Then many more after that!
Pics to come, oh and of course, farkles! Already love how comfortable it is.

The only things I need right now are a center stand, good handguards and a skid plate.

#4 ·
Come on...very obvious: Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show. Proof: https://www.allacronyms.com/SOQS

Glad they gave their stamp of approval to it for ya, Boise Jim.

BTW, welcome to the forums. We like pics here...feel free to share one of your new ride. :wink2:

#9 ·
Are these bikes the adventure version? I bought my 2015 on 4/27/17 with 3 miles on it for $4999. MSRP in 2015 was $8549.

I'm not trying to to be mean but that's not much off of 2015 MSRP unless that's your out the door price.

Reactions: Seadogdoc
#15 ·
Depends on where you are. My local dealer had a 2015 XT model, MSRP 10,400 marked down to 9,000 and could not sell it. Ironically when I went in to see what they would do out the door, they sold it to a dealer 250 miles from here. They had it marked down to $7,999. It still cost me 10,000 out the door with 9.5% sales tax but Washington State is popular in general with ADV bikes so I am happy with the deal. Good dealers deserve to make something on a bike. I do believe what goes around comes around and I only ever look to take advantage of someone financially, I better not complain when it happens to me.

Ride on!

NC

#14 ·
#16 ·
I took advantage of nothing that was their advertised price I had nothing to do with it.

I didn't intend to make you upset but I guess I did.

#17 ·
The manufacturer often helps the dealer to move over stock bikes and gives a volume dealer breaks.
My son's 2013 FZ8 was listed at $10,400 cdn and we picked up the last one of a truckload sale at $6999.
Yamaha was clearing the way for the FZ9.

No one got "taken advantage of". It's been a very fine bike.

#18 ·
They were sure happy to see it sell and every visit to the dealer the sales manager (he handled the deal) makes a point of coming over and saying hi. Sold me on the dealer and I've recommended them to friends.

#19 ·
Mine had a sign on it that said $11,095. They had it on their website for $7,999. That's what I got it for. I got them to take off the assembly and destination fees as well, so that was my out the door price. And with 2.5% financing, I was a happy camper.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

#20 · (Edited)
Congrats on the new ride!

Just over a year ago I snagged the left-over 2014 I'm riding.

Using the flea market here and the various vendor sites, including Suzuki OEM for a top box, I added an embarrassingly long list of stuff.

In order of priority my "top 6" list of worthwhile additions are:

Givi Aeroflow windshield
Augustus winglets
Sargent low seat
SW Motech bar-back/risers
SW Motech Center stand
Weld 86 bash plate

The windshield, winglets, seat and handlebar risers are comfort amenities that allowed me to relax and truly enjoy the bike. The center-stand and bash plate are convenience and security additions.

After that the other things I've added are useful but not essential (tank bag, fork brace, etc.)

Coming off of BMW's I was used to a top-case so I do like the Suzuki hard box for security purposes and familiar storage habits. The matching lock-set is a nice value add. BTW, there should be a bag of assorted small parts and screws accompanying your bike. Inside that bag should be an extra set of locks for the OEM top-case that are keyed to your other bags. That way, if you add the OEM case you still need only two keys for the bike.

Most dealers are floor-planning their inventory, meaning they pay a small amount of interest to the manufacturer to have the bike on display or on the shelf. With time considered, at some point they begin to lose money and will find a way to cut losses and move it out the door in what I call a "heaven help us" deal. The "heaven help us" sales account for the otherwise outrageous low prices we sometimes read about. They are nice for the people who fall into them, but they are also rare.

So with that said, and when viewed as a percentage of the MSRP, your OTD price was reasonable and in line with what most of us here who have bought similarly have experienced.

At this time in my life I can keep a two bike stable, but if I could have only one it would be the 'strom.

Welcome to the asylum, and enjoy the new ride! :var_17:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.